Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have a '12 RR with around 1500 miles on it. Today I rode to work and on the open roads, the temperature reading is bouncing between 77 and 85 very quickly. Pulling off from a red light it went from 86 to 75 in around a second and from then on would bounce between 77 and 85 every 20 seconds or so.

Definitely not normal behaviour for this bike. On the open road it'll stay at 77 or 78 and only go up at standstill or through heavy traffic.

Any ideas other than a faulty thermostat or sensor?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Had a similiar issue, apperantly there was a wiring problem, so Honda Kyalami had to find out from head office, they had to replace some wirring

Now it doesnt happen

My suggestion, take it through to them

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds pretty normal. Unless it shoots up too quick.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com App
Well, it is kind of what I'm saying. The temperature is not stable like it used to be (on Monday).

The only thing I've done is give it a wash and install a battery tender.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A fluctuating temp difference of 8°C to 10°C at <=85°C = SFA to worry about...
The temperature is nothing to worry about, but I think the fluctuation is. My previous RR, my previous 600F have always had very steady increases and decreases. This RR has behaved the exact same way except for the last week where the fluctuation has been rapid.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
hmm, think the season would play a part in the temp fluctuation? I mean, its IS only 8°C there... even I have a hard time keeping funtional at only 8°C :crackup:

Would def keep an eye on it for sure though. Sounds like a pretty annoying issue :/

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think I've worked this out. The new fairing on the 2012 covers the engine which means there is a lot more hot air caught around the engine and radiator instead of it just blowing straight out in the older models.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts