Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when riding my 2007 cbr600rr the temperature is all over the place high and low have any one else had this its going back to dealer next week but thay say thay dont know what it is and are just going to start changing parts till thay get it so if i can point them where to look would be a great help
:beer:

·
Registered
230 Posts
never heard of this, how high does the temp get? it was common for my fathers cbr929 to hit or exceed 110C(230F) at traffic lights. how random is your temp reading. explain how it's all over the place? cause it should cool down as u ride it and should heat up as you slow down the thermo fan should also kick in.

btw is this your first bike?

·
Registered
230 Posts
it's too cold outside to go check atm, but i believe they still only have 1.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i know i'm slow lol but i just worked out what OT should for hehehe it had me thinking. i hope you bikes OK bro.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Please give us some more information to help you out.... what kind of temperature readings are you getting and what type of riding are you doing? What is the typical range and how often and how much does it fluctuate? With your vague description what you're saying could be perfectly normal but we'll need to know more to help nail it down.

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Like Sete said, we need more info to properly understand....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Please give us some more information to help you out.... what kind of temperature readings are you getting and what type of riding are you doing? What is the typical range and how often and how much does it fluctuate? With your vague description what you're saying could be perfectly normal but we'll need to know more to help nail it down.
+1 Need more info

Todd

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
its a mates bike so ill find out what the temps are its doing it out of town ill get back with temps soon

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yup same here, 170-180 during cruising (moving) and stop/go traffic or stopped goes up to 221 than the fans kick on and bring her back to 200ish.

·
Registered
112 Posts
same here even in 90 degree F Cali weather, 174 when riding to 225 at stop light before fan comes on

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same here in FL, I'm pretty much between 175-180 riding and up to about 225 when sitting in traffic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok had a chat with him when out on the open road cruiseing along the temp go up to 85c then down to 75c and keep going up and down untill he gets to the next town then at the lights it will go up to 90+ when sitting which is ok all bike s get hot sitting at light but once it have got up in the 90c and he gets out on the open roads again the temp go down to 78c and sit there fine for the rest of the trip and the lad have been riding for years so he know this is not right

1 - 20 of 31 Posts