Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 06 Cbr rr need some advise. I searched the forums couldn't really find anything helpful. When idling my temp has been rising pretty fast. I know its not considered hot until bout 140 but this just started recently. Once I take off it slowly drops like its suppose to, my fans turn on normally as well around 220,, my temp used to hover around 185 most of the time and would go up occasionally like normal.

I was thinks about flushing the radiator since I haven't done that since I've had it and its runnin a bit close to the low line. My bike has 9500 miles..
Any tips on flushingout or advise on this issue would be helpful thanks..

Sent from my LG-P999 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
432 Posts
could just be the fact that its getting hotter outside, and unless the bike is staying at 220+ and not going back down I wouldnt worry about it that much. Ive heard good things about engine ice though.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
I got a 06 Cbr rr need some advise. I searched the forums couldn't really find anything helpful. When idling my temp has been rising pretty fast. I know its not considered hot until bout 140 but this just started recently. Once I take off it slowly drops like its suppose to, my fans turn on normally as well around 220,, my temp used to hover around 185 most of the time and would go up occasionally like normal.

I was thinks about flushing the radiator since I haven't done that since I've had it and its runnin a bit close to the low line. My bike has 9500 miles..
Any tips on flushingout or advise on this issue would be helpful thanks..

you didnt search hard ... do me a favor, go to the trouble shooting section of the forums, and look at the second stickey

or observe my signature link.....

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
once you read my sticky thread

you will know what temps you need to remain between

as long as you are maintaining those temps, you are fine.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
could just be the fact that its getting hotter outside, and unless the bike is staying at 220+ and not going back down I wouldnt worry about it that much. Ive heard good things about engine ice though.
Thanksill look into that..

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
once you read my sticky thread

you will know what temps you need to remain between

as long as you are maintaining those temps, you are fine.
Thanks Tenjin. I relax a bit on the temp. I think I should still go ahead and flush out radiator so ill know what I have in there.. what would you suggest..?

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
Thanks Tenjin. I relax a bit on the temp. I think I should still go ahead and flush out radiator so ill know what I have in there.. what would you suggest..?

if you dont know wacha got in there, refreshing the fluid couldnt hurt.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you dont know wacha got in there, refreshing the fluid couldnt hurt.
What would you suggest. I stay in Texas and I read a few reviews saying watter wetter was better than engineering ice.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
What would you suggest. I stay in Texas and I read a few reviews saying watter wetter was better than engineering ice.

50/50 glycol
water wetter
or engine ice

your going to see about the same running temps from any of them

because we have temp regulator (thermostat), which will keep the temp regulated so it REALLY doesnt matter ... untill your beating things up so bad that a standard coolant mix wont work.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
yea i was all worried bot mine because of bugs but cleaner her up with a hose throguh both sides and no issues at all. was running between 175-180 in 90 degree weather. i was happy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts