Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought i'd post this because people need to know not to go there.

A friend of mine took his Aprilia Mille-R there for some maintenance, he noticed that the bike felt and sounded different (he's been riding Yamaha's most his life first Italian bike). after a week or so the shop said that the bike was fine and that they checked everything out. believing the shop after paying for the service he decided to take it for a spin. well guess what he blew a cylinder. he's been riding a bike for 16 years as his only source of transportation VERY experienced rider.

ok so the motors blown what can you do. after talking it over with the shop being the reasonable person he is, he didn't expect the shop to pay the entire bill for a new motor. they agreed on half for parts and he'd pay half for labor. sounds fair. so after 2 months go by looking for a motor they got one. they did all the compression checks and everything was good except when they mounted the damn thing. WRONG YEAR motor!!!! nothing mounts on...... now he's out more cash for the motor they bought and still no bike.

i jokingly said how the hell do you take a running bike to 1 place and walk out of there with a chassis and 2 motors that does you no good?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sux.

Their site shows they are an Aprilia dealer. So I would assume they have a mechanic certified for Aprilia bikes...
http://www.tcpowersports.com/

While I don't know the full details that occurred, it is odd to order the wrong year motor...
The motor mounts on and the case looks the same. The exhaust or intake doesn't mount. They fired the original aprilia mechanic I have no idea who they have now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts