Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am going to be in the process of upgrading my headlights, and I have to send my lights away for 2 to 4 weeks until I get them back.

So what I want to do is either buy a second set of headlights for cheap to use while I send my good ones away, or rig up temporary headlights for cheap until I get them back, and then sell the temp lights to get my money back.

I priced out replacement headlights on ebay and they were way too expensive so I was thinking either a beat up set, or a set up like I've seen on stunt bikes that were naked and stripped.. So I'm open to any ideas that would be cost effective because their is no way I'm not riding for what could be a month while I get work done so any feed back is appreciated!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Buy a second hand set, its the only way you are going to get something that doesn't look like crap and will actually do its job.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Ok, so you look like you really need some help. Here is a quick guide on how to get by for cheap.

You will need:

Ratchetstrap/zipties/bunjee cords. I used ratchet strap it worked best for me.

Flashlight similar to this one.

What to do:

Step 1, loosen headlights, this step is already done for you, you don't have any.

Step 2, run your method of choice around your triple tree.

Step 3, attach light as pictured.

Now for the results.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Also, I spent a lot of time doing this, I had to remove my front fairings and loosen up my headlights and stuff for you, so I will probably be pretty pissed if you don't use my idea.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
OP,

He went through A LOT to do this write up for you! Don't take peeps like this for granted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey thanks for the ideas, that flashlight rig just might work.. my only issue is how legal it is lol i cant risk getting pulled over and ticketed for having a rig set up like that..

im sending the lights out to a friends shop that does custom led work, they are installing the angel eyes with the projection style hids, audi style led running lights as well as devil eyes that will be red.. the halos will be white, audi leds white with the projection globe glowing red. i will post pics but it will be a month or so. i still havnt shipped my lights to him!

im just doing my hw first so im not stuck riding daytime only

·
Registered
9 Posts
All the creativity seems nice but when it comes down to it, I would be afraid of the temporary rig failing and leaving me stranded in the dark or worse failing causing me to loose control in a corner and . . well you know the rest. Your best safest bet would probably be to buy a second set of headlights, send them out to be done. When they return you only have to take the front end of your bike apart one time instead of twice. Then either sell your originals as is or send them to your buddy to have the conversion done on them as well and then sell them already converted possibly for a small profit or just to recapture you investment in the second set of headlights. Or just park the bike while it is dark.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well thats the thing i wasnt thinking more of a temporarly permanent rig. like i have seen stunt bikes that have the entire front fairings removed completly, as well as the stock headlights, and they have some sort of aftermarket set up put on wether its a single headlight or dual lights but i was thinking somethin like that would be cheaper then buying a second set. also do you kno where i might be able to find a second set used for cheap?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts