1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
im not moving over there

·
Registered
805 Posts
ummm, pretty sure I'd run every time with laws like that. I'm not even close to a show-off or stunter, I make sure there's no way anyone except my ass will pay if something goes wrong.

but if it's one of those empty open road situations, and a leo pulls out behind with the lights going crazy....I'm going to jail either way, so gear-2 and twist!

·
Registered
986 Posts
all this is going to do is make them run more.

I garuntee the flee rate is going to increase 10x in florida due to this. This also means that the death rate is going to increase....sadly though a lot of riders have this mentality. I know I was embarrassed to ride a bike after attending the motorcycle show in San Mateo two weeks ago.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i'm all about safety and stripping irresponsible motorcyclists of their privileges.

there's a time and place for riding like this...and a public highway is NOT the place (no matter what Io-bot thinks..lol).

·
Registered
131 Posts
i'm all about safety and stripping irresponsible motorcyclists of their privileges.

there's a time and place for riding like this...and a public highway is NOT the place (no matter what Io-bot thinks..lol).
+1

Not so much for the safety of the Motorcyclist but for the safety of the others on the road. I could care less if you wanna risk your own life (In a bare parking lot) but put others at risk is where I get all fired up about dudes saying "I ain't gonna hurt no one but myself". I have seen first hand what happens when someone goes flying by an old lady on the road and she slams on her brakes and causes a 5 car pileup because she was scared and didn't know what happened. May not be right for her to be driving on the road if she scares that easily but that is kinda the point..... You never know, exact reason to wear Gear all the time every time.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
and how typical of the US government.

they'd rather pass a law to PUNISH the squiddies, as opposed to passing a law requiring a license AND previous experience b4 you can get a 600cc and higher Sportbike.

I'd rather make the LICENSING tougher, as opposed to the fines and punishment being so ridiculous.

Imagine if you'd have to wait until u had YEARS of experience, PLUS a clean license, before you were allowed to purchase and register a shiny new 1000RR/Gixxer 1K, etc..

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

they'd rather pass a law to PUNISH the squiddies, as opposed to passing a law requiring a license AND previous experience b4 you can get a 600cc and higher Sportbike.

I'd rather make the LICENSING tougher, as opposed to the fines and punishment being so ridiculous.

Imagine if you'd have to wait until u had YEARS of experience, PLUS a clean license, before you were allowed to purchase and register a shiny new 1000RR/Gixxer 1K, etc..
RS125 is just about a CBR600RR. and a new rider could just hop right on... except it's two stroke but i hope you see my point. engine displacement legislation is not the right way to go.

·
C.F.A. member **New Joyzeeeeeee Racer YAAAA BOY
1,726 Posts

Then we'd have the same amount of riders but more unlicensed squid riding illegally.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I think that the majority of us (who can ride a wheelie anyway) have wheelied on public streets before. The difference is knowing when it is safe and when its not.

It's appears that it is only a matter of time before some legislation comes into effect that makes it very difficult to ride sportbikes.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
RS125 is just about a CBR600RR. and a new rider could just hop right on... except it's two stroke but i hope you see my point. engine displacement legislation is not the right way to go.
well the rs 125 has about what...35bhp derestricted.
It takes some real skill to ride that sumbitch. gotta slip the clutch all the way to 20mph, AND keep the rpms over 8000.

Then, it's 0-60 time is about 6.5 seconds, slightly faster than a stock 2001 Honda Prelude..and top speed is 100 mph.

I don't think this is as appealing as a Gixxer 1K straight out of the showroom with 170hp and a top speed around 186mph indicated.

·
Registered
171 Posts
ummm, pretty sure I'd run every time with laws like that. I'm not even close to a show-off or stunter, I make sure there's no way anyone except my ass will pay if something goes wrong.

but if it's one of those empty open road situations, and a leo pulls out behind with the lights going crazy....I'm going to jail either way, so gear-2 and twist!
+1..i see the death rates rising considerably.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well the rs 125 has about what...35bhp derestricted.
It takes some real skill to ride that sumbitch. gotta slip the clutch all the way to 20mph, AND keep the rpms over 8000.

Then, it's 0-60 time is about 6.5 seconds, slightly faster than a stock 2001 Honda Prelude..and top speed is 100 mph.

I don't think this is as appealing as a Gixxer 1K straight out of the showroom with 170hp and a top speed around 186mph indicated.
i'll just reiterate it. Engine displacement legislation is not the right way to go.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
i'll just reiterate it. Engine displacement legislation is not the right way to go.
i'm sure you have a better solution.
if u don't, at least u know what DOESN'T work. :tard:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
This law is so stupid.. I pull wheelies all the time. My license should be revoke for 50 years everyday as I ride.. I guess you'll see more bikes on the news.. CHASING BIKES.. OH ****.. He's gone!!.. too fast =P

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
repost
two threads down same info
please look around before posting to make sure you arent giving out the same info and using up server space.

still BS though
although i agree that stunting and excessive speed should be kept off the highway. its too much

1 - 20 of 95 Posts