Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not as bad as you may think.

Phoenix Police Motorcycle Hit by Autopilot Tesla | RideApart

Turns out that the driver just stayed in autopilot once he got off the highway which you're not supposed to do and Tesla makes that clear. I have a feeling Tesla is going to get some heat for this "accident" with lots of outlets blaming the programming and miss entirely the misuse of the technology by the driver.

I've been saying this for a while but all that these driver aids do is make the driver less attentive. The driver should either have full control, or none and become a passenger. The stuff in the middle is sketchy and forces the industry to waste resources programming around people's stupidity instead of focusing on going full auto.

·
Registered
823 Posts
You are absolutely right! I think the technology is cool but it definitely makes people more inattentive which most certainly leads to more accidents. This makes it even scarier for us riders, as if we didn't have enough to worry about already!

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I'm totally with you. Unfortunately, we are in the beginning of a transition period to full auto-driving vehicles so I expect to see lots more of this for years to come.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not exactly related to the topic but on long highway cruises I sometimes get bored and hang out by the mirrors of cars I know are equipped with blind spot warnings. Those things either continuously chime, make the seat vibrate, or both. It doesn't take long for the driver to either take off ahead or drop behind.

Not the smartest move though and I won't have anybody but myself to blame if sh!t goes south.

I'm totally with you. Unfortunately, we are in the beginning of a transition period to full auto-driving vehicles so I expect to see lots more of this for years to come.
Yeah, the good news is that we'll likely see full auto in our lifetime. Can't wait to continue my morning nap on the way to work.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Not exactly related to the topic but on long highway cruises I sometimes get bored and hang out by the mirrors of cars I know are equipped with blind spot warnings. Those things either continuously chime, make the seat vibrate, or both. It doesn't take long for the driver to either take off ahead or drop behind.

Not the smartest move though and I won't have anybody but myself to blame if sh!t goes south.
ROFL I wonder if you could put some kind of tape or something on the sensor location as a prank

Yeah, the good news is that we'll likely see full auto in our lifetime. Can't wait to continue my morning nap on the way to work.
I'm continually amazed at the technological evolution we get to witness in our generation. When I was a kid, I assumed most of the stuff I saw in movies would never be accessible in my lifetime but here we are.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ROFL I wonder if you could put some kind of tape or something on the sensor location as a prank
Heh, it'd take them forever to figure out why the car goes haywire with warnings whenever they use their turn signals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts