Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...the hard way. Pulled out of my street this morning and laid her down. I am ok. Just got a good rasberry road rash burn on my right knee. I hit my hand on the concrete but was wearing gloves (& helmet, astars cordura coat). Everyone stopped and offered assistance so that was cool. The bike was ok too, for the most part. The crash kit did it's job and took the brunt of the force. Only damage was some scrapes to the front brake lever, right mirror, right foot pegs, and the right rear tail section got ground down a bit - past the paint to the black plastic underneath. I'm just happy to be alive and not run over or something.

I'm not even too sure where the error occured because it all happened so quickly. I do know that it was cold out (29*) so not sure if the cold ground & tires contributed. I didn't gun it but I did have to get up to speed in order to merge into traffic. (very busy road and no stop light - just a stop sign) I was also pretty tired and probably had poor riding posture. Who knows...all of those things probably contributed. Oh well. At least I'm alive right?

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
glad to hear you're ok.

i went out for a ride today too and it was about 38 over here and I couldnt find a way to warm them up after two hours of riding. I had the back end step out a couple times and I went home.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Were these cut or no cut sliders? Did you have any engine covers? Bar ends? I am looking to invest, and want to know a little more.
I actually have the whole "crash kit" as it is called and includes the sliders, bar ends, & spools. The only thing that got jacked up was the rear tail section (I'll post pics later) where the paint got scraped. No cracks or anything like that. The engine cover and all the mid fairing stuff was still perfect. Mine were the "CUT" version. Not sure if anyone makes a NO CUT slider for the 05-06 but who knows. I knew I just wanted the SHOGUN kit and it definitely did it's job and saved me a lot more than the $120 bux or so I paid for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
glad to hear you're ok.

i went out for a ride today too and it was about 38 over here and I couldnt find a way to warm them up after two hours of riding. I had the back end step out a couple times and I went home.
Thanks guys. Yeah, I agree...COLD TIRES = NO GOOD! Just gotta be more careful I guess. STOOPID STOOPID STOOPID!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Pics!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone. Per your request....here are some before and afters.

Here is a pic of me and my daughter the day I bought the bike back in August.

Here''s one after the wheel stripes, tank pad, & stomp grip install

NOW FOR THE CRASH PICS:
Here is the main road rash that my bike sustained. The Shogun Crash Kit took the rest of the damage quite well.

(Yes, that''s a Jager-rator in the background - why it''s in the garage and not in the house being used you may ask? I am selling the house and my realtor figures that sends the wrong message to perspective buyers....:p )

The only physical damage to myself.

The Shogun Frame Slider

The Rear Shogun Spool

The Shogun Bar End

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Glad you are OK,,, and looks like you made a good investment when you bought those sliders

BTW What is a Jager-Roter??

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad you are OK,,, and looks like you made a good investment when you bought those sliders
Most definitely. That kit saved me a lot more than the $130 bux or so that I paid for it that's for sure.

BTW What is a Jager-Roter??
It's just a Jagermeister dispensing machine that chills the liquor down to about 7*F when it comes out. Mmmmmmm!:all_cohol

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
glad you came out ok and the damage doesnt look too bad for how much the crash kit costed. now did those bar ends make your grips vibrate more?
Yeah, not too much damage. Definitely worth the money for the kit! About the bar ends, I can't really say if I ever noticed a difference. Probably because I put the bar ends and spools almost right after I bought the bike. The sliders went on a bit later. Do people complain about vibration from these or other aftermarket bar ends?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
Yeah, not too much damage. Definitely worth the money for the kit! About the bar ends, I can't really say if I ever noticed a difference. Probably because I put the bar ends and spools almost right after I bought the bike. The sliders went on a bit later. Do people complain about vibration from these or other aftermarket bar ends?

they look just like the ones for the R6 which i installed for my friend and didnt even make it down my street before i switched them back. i have R&G and i noticed no difference from stock. i said it had to do with weight but someone told me its because they are not as flush as the oems

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I didn't gun it but I did have to get up to speed in order to merge into traffic. (very busy road and no stop light - just a stop sign)
I feel for you man, I have the same problem getting outta my neighborhood every morning for work. I gotta creep out to a two way BIG street and it sucks cause the car's never stop coming from both ways. But glad that you're okay dude.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts