Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is NOT meant to be a "for sale", but I am just curious of what a good asking price may be. I have an '09 phoenix that I bought with only 26 miles on it back in June if last year. It is up to 6400 miles and has had regular oil changes, and I have never laid her down. However, when I bought the bike it has slight rash to the left fairing where the previous owner somehow, in 26 miles, managed to lay her down. Other than that, only been wet two times. TST tail and flush mounts, stomp grips and new grips are all I have done. Never seen a track so its never really been pushed.
Again, this is NOT FOR SALE ON THE FORUM, im just curious what I should take (I get offers on the street regularly). Considering what I paid for it, I could let it go relatively cheap and still make out okay. The dealer offered me 6K$, but if they are offering that I figure a personal sale may go higher.
Thanks for any input.
-Josh

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are offering me what I paid for it, which is right at the 6k mark. Not sure if its to make me a repeat customer or just that they can make their money back. Hell, in a local auto trader I found one with 5k miles on it at a dealership that was selling it as a "limited edition" at the "reduced price of 8,999$"! I figured of worse came to worse id sell to them lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
If you're getting that good a buy back price from them, part with it! Use that money and get another one for a good deal and continue the trend...Maybe you can keep getting "free rent" bikes.

A

·
0 Posts
ummmm 6500 at most..... i bought mine in 09 off the floor for 8900... that other place is smoking crack!

·
Registered
114 Posts
it all depends on location and demand because around the northern va region and md I have seen those bikes going for 7k or more at the dealers and privately you could get 6500 depending on the demand

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
They are offering me what I paid for it, which is right at the 6k mark. Not sure if its to make me a repeat customer or just that they can make their money back. Hell, in a local auto trader I found one with 5k miles on it at a dealership that was selling it as a "limited edition" at the "reduced price of 8,999$"! I figured of worse came to worse id sell to them lol

You can see what they would give you but.... they are listing it at $9k so they can take a lot off that price when making the sale and still turn a profit.

·
Registered
397 Posts
All regional man. That bike would sell pretty fast (during the riding season that is) at $6500, could probably even get quite a bit more. BUT I live in Anchorage, AK.

BUT even with our crackhead bike prices, I bought a 09 in near new condition with 8k on it about a month ago for $5700. What makes it even better is that I sold my 03 that I bought at the start of the summer (paid $2800), for $4,000. A nice $1200 profit :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The dealer asking 9k isn't the one making me the offer, it's a few states away. I've decided to keep it a while longer. Long enough that there's no need to even research prices right now. Then again, I spotted a nice 08 1000rr today that I could get for 1k$ plus mine as a trade in.
Why do I keep torturing myself?
Thanks for the replies, Fellas.
Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts