Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's so true: The more money you make, the more you spend.

Spending $30 for lunch and sometimes $60 a day on meals really didn't mean much, afterall I had plenty to go around. However, you look around and realize there are people so unfortunate that they have to work 12 hours a day (sometimes even more) just to earn $5.80 a day.

I remember when I was in college I would budget and spend as little as possible and thank the Lord for providing for me a job, and just enough to get by.

However, as I progressed in my career I started to make more, and more money and lost sight of what was important to me: My Lord, and why he's given me so much.

You cannot serve both God and money.

Last week, I sold some items on Ebay and went to my local post office to mail the items. The postal employee started to tape some parts that I missed, and commented: Thank God for the .99 cent store--referring to the tape. She said, "You know, you can get these at the .99 cent store but if you go to Staples they'll charge you $4.00 plus tax."

So, this morning I stopped by Big Lot's (.99 cent store) and was amazed at all the variety of goods they had that you normally find at your local grocery market/warehouse/clothing store/and so on for only .99 cents.

I will from now on try that much harder to budget and spend the money He's provided for me wisely.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Nemesis said:
and was amazed at all the variety of goods they had that you normally find at your local grocery market/warehouse/clothing store/and so on for only .99 cents.

I will from now on try that much harder to budget and spend the money He's provided for me wisely.

Enjoy the food poisioning :) It's marked down and sold to these outlets for a reason. It's either past it's recommended used by date and relabeled or a bad batch that Campbells soup added too much of an ingredient to.

The other crap is made in china and WILL BREAK by the third time that you use it.

My Motto "You Get What You Pay For"

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
WherzRoony said:
Enjoy the food poisioning :) It's marked down and sold to these outlets for a reason. It's either past it's recommended used by date and relabeled or a bad batch that Campbells soup added too much of an ingredient to.

The other crap is made in china and WILL BREAK by the third time that you use it.

My Motto "You Get What You Pay For"
Well, I'm not a big fan of canned foods unless it's chille (sp?). I usually shop at Costco because I like to buy in bulk. However, the .99 cent store is good for other things.

I've ate expired can goods plenty of times, and not one single problem. I trust in the Lord, and will make good of what he provides for me--expired or not.

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Nemesis said:
Well, I'm not a big fan of canned foods unless it's chille (sp?). I usually shop at Costco because I like to buy in bulk. However, the .99 cent store is good for other things.

I've ate expired can goods plenty of times, and not one single problem. I trust in the Lord, and will make good of what he provides for me--expired or not.
Funny you should mention Chille, I got some serious food poisioning from Aldi's Chille, Another discounter, I remember it very well. That's when I stopped buying food from those places.

Fourth of July weekend this year, I got another serious case of food poisioning from some frozen lunchmeat that my thrifty mom bought from a discunt store. Ruined my whole weekend.

It's cheap fpr a reason is all I am saying, It's a bad batch

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WherzRoony said:
Funny you should mention Chille, I got some serious food poisioning from Aldi's Chille, Another discounter, I remember it very well. That's when I stopped buying food from those places.

Fourth of July weekend this year, I got another serious case of food poisioning from some frozen lunchmeat that my thrifty mom bought from a discunt store. Ruined my whole weekend.

It's cheap fpr a reason is all I am saying, It's a bad batch
LOL!!!

I'm sorry but maybe chille ain't your thang. Have you thought about that...lol

Just kidding. I hear ya.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
whats funny about those stores is they actually sell condoms there. Who the hell in their right mind would buy a 3pk of condoms at a dollar store. Maybe i shouldnt say this...haha...there's obviously idiots out there that do.

·
Registered
767 Posts
they even have seafood....i mix smoked mussels or clams from there into pasta sauce or rice....

savin for tha rr required much support from the 99 in my hood....

they even have liquor at some of them....

·
Registered
892 Posts
i lived off the 99 cent store for about a year. I never bought milk or greens, but i bought stuff that would never go bad like ramen and other dried food. when used properly, it's a great money saver.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
cbr600rrjeremy said:
i lived off the 99 cent store for about a year. I never bought milk or greens, but i bought stuff that would never go bad like ramen and other dried food. when used properly, it's a great money saver.
Thank you. Guess that's what I've been trying to say but nnnooooooo I had to be all dramatic about it...lol

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice slava... i almost spit out my beer when i read that... i did my best to hold it back.. cannot be wasteful...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts