Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bike is completely submerged underwater and i'm pretty fuckin pissed off, i dunno what to do, i don't have comprehensive insurance, do you guys think it will do alot of damage to the engine? I dunno, i've never had this happen, i've came across waterlogged engines before in cars and they still ran after an oil change and whatnot. Hopefully it'll be as simple as me just changing the oil to get the water out and looking it over real well, but if not then i dunno what to do, i guess i'll be paying for a dead bike :-( heh, not to mention my car was almost submerged too.

· Premium Member
13,503 Posts
Oh sh*t that sucks bro! You couldn't have moved her to higher ground? Fvck I don't know how to deal with a submerged bike. There is so much dirt in that water that it could really screw with the machinery. In addition, there are so many electronic components that could get severly damaged.

· Registered
1,662 Posts
psshhh........even if he had flood insurance they would have claimed it was wind damage. happened to my brothers truck in katrina. they said they wouldnt pay because the wind pushed it into a flood zone.

· Monkey works will work for you :)
1,686 Posts
Get that thing some TLC ASAP.... It can be saved, these kinds of things happen to marine engines all the time, the trick is getting the water out and getting it started early. If you are not mechanically inclined take it to a shop immediately!!!!

· Registered
8,011 Posts
Luckily the drainage is good on my side of the water. Bike is well protected. Had there been a greater threat in my area, the parking garage across the street would have been the bike new home

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately i don't have flood insurance (comprehensive) i wasn't going to get it til i go out on deployment but apparently i should have gotten it. I'm taking it to Honda tomorrow to get it checked out, that bike is my baby and if it's ruined i'm going to flip my lid, i still owe money on that thing! Well, i'll keep you informed, i neglected taking pictures when i saw it because i was in awe, it was literally up to the mirrors in water, i'm going to get drunk tonight and drink it away for a while, i'll get some pics.

· Registered
2,214 Posts
Whatever you do don't try to crank it yet. If there is water in the cylinders it will hydrolock on the compression stroke and could cause some serious damage.

If you are somewhat mechacnically inclined just make sure all the electronic connections are dry, change oil, gas, & anitfreeze. Disconnect ignition coils, and or fuel pump, remove spark plugs and then crank the engine to blow out any water in the cylinders. Reconnect coils, and fuel pump, and then see if she'll start.

· Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,661 Posts
damn man that sucks...mother nature can be a bitch sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.