Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was crusin over to bike night(I won a DMP rear stand with a free raffle ticket by the way). Anyways when I was cruising over there I was on the street in second gear doing about 45 and I took both of my hands off of the bars to fix my jacket, right then the tire hit a small pothole and started going into a head shake and quickly got worse. As soon as I felt it I went to reach for the bars and in the 1/2 a second it took to reach the bars the wobble was about 1/2 to full lock. So I reached out my fingers to grab the brake, but right then I remembered from everyone here that the only way to get out of it is to gas it. So I quickly gassed it and yanked back as hard as I could and the tire came off the ground about 2" and it all straitened out. Thanks everyone for offering useful advice to help everyone out.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
same thing happened to me a while ago going 50ish on pch at night, scared the crap out of me, but i remembered what i had read and remembered that video of the guy who bites it bad in that race from the wobble.

glad you got out of it.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Berto said:
same thing happened to me a while ago going 50ish on pch at night, scared the crap out of me, but i remembered what i had read and remembered that video of the guy who bites it bad in that race from the wobble.

glad you got out of it.
Ya scared the crap outta me also. Pretty much crapped my pants. Berto I have met a lot of ppl from this forum so sorry if I forgot, But have I ever met you?

·
Registered
830 Posts
caboarder2001 said:
So today I was crusin over to bike night(I won a DMP rear stand with a free raffle ticket by the way). Anyways when I was cruising over there I was on the street in second gear doing about 45 and I took both of my hands off of the bars to fix my jacket, right then the tire hit a small pothole and started going into a head shake and quickly got worse. As soon as I felt it I went to reach for the bars and in the 1/2 a second it took to reach the bars the wobble was about 1/2 to full lock. So I reached out my fingers to grab the brake, but right then I remembered from everyone here that the only way to get out of it is to gas it. So I quickly gassed it and yanked back as hard as I could and the tire came off the ground about 2" and it all straitened out. Thanks everyone for offering useful advice to help everyone out.
thank goodness you are alright.. do you have a steering damper?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Quick thinking. Im hoping Ill have the reflexes to remember that if it happens to me.

Although... it might not have happened if you kept both, or at least one hand on the bars. ;)

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
It is profitable to read the sage advice given here. Quick thinking man!! Proud of ya!
I hope I am as cool when such a time comes....

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
meddling kid said:
that took a LOT of balls, dude - well done, and way to overcome the panic! :hail
Lol thanks. But the way I see it I had 3 choices. Grab the brakes and slow it down, let it ride itself out, gas it out. Brakes didnt seem good, and I think that my balls were too small to just ride it out and let it self correct(I was stinkin scared!), so the gas it out sounded like the best choice. So its not large balls its a lack of

1 - 16 of 16 Posts