Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was riding today down a very familiar long straight road, the speed limit is 45 and I was doing between 55-60, not really intentionally speeding, but sometimes it just happens...

I see a fellow rider coming and give the usual wave, and he gives me the "cop ahead" helmet tap.. I immediately look down and realize that I'm speeding and roll off. Sure enough he (or she) was sitting around the next corner shooting radar.

That guy probably saved me a ticket. I just wanted to give an all inclusive THANK YOU to my brotherhood of riders out there that are always watching out for one another. You guys rock.

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
always.

anyone else have any random acts of kindness while riding from a fellow rider?? (or cager for that matter?)

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
Once I road up north with a buddy last year. It was so cold when we left and windy. We came up on a van hauling a uhaul trailer and got behind it for 10 or so miles to cut the wind down. When he got off the highway he gave us the thumbs up because he knew what we were doing

Sent via iPhone 4s

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love the bike brotherhood... funny thing is that I live on Ortega highway and was hauling ass headed home and I guess the guy on the bike heard my mustang and as he was rounding the corner he started the tap and sure nuff I slowed down just in time for the cop to round the corner.

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Once I road up north with a buddy last year. It was so cold when we left and windy. We came up on a van hauling a uhaul trailer and got behind it for 10 or so miles to cut the wind down. When he got off the highway he gave us the thumbs up because he knew what we were doing

Sent via iPhone 4s
That's awesome!

How about a brief explanation of what the universal signs are? Hell I don't know what the 'cop ahead' tap looks like even.

Great to be part of the hood!
Hand signals...

·
BOTM winner 11/12
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love the bike brotherhood... funny thing is that I live on Ortega highway and was hauling ass headed home and I guess the guy on the bike heard my mustang and as he was rounding the corner he started the tap and sure nuff I slowed down just in time for the cop to round the corner.

That's cool! I've always wondered if I should give the helmet tap to cars, I feel like the vast majority of them wouldn't know what I was doing... Maybe I should for that small percentage that ride too that it might help..

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
unless the car driver has a bike then they are clueless, and i never speed in my car, thats why i bought a bike.
same here in my pick-up i'm a speed limit or +5 driver. on the bike is a bit different though

·
Registered
35 Posts
The hand signal video was great. Some people will do you a favor and let you know, hopefully you will return the favor, i will. Gas is expensive enough, i don't need any tickets.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Was waiting at a stop light by myself one night when it refused to change so a harley that was pulling up behind me pulled up right beside me and told me both of our bikes would set off the sensor and sure enough it worked

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
55 Posts
the signal video was great.. im so glad that illinois passed the law that after a "reasonable" amount of time if your bike doesnt trip the light you can run the red when safe... im torn in the warning of others.. i am also a +5 only in my car and am a truck driver so between riding and driving for work i feel some people dont deserve the heads up and deserve the ticket.. for instance today i had a guy fly by me doing at least 75 or 80 in a construction zone just to get in front of me.. to me thats disrespectful to the men and women working in these areas .. and as a newbie i was unaware of the police/helmet tap..good to know

·
Registered
264 Posts
Someone did the same for myself and the group I was riding with on Sunday. We were not really speeding but its still cool to get a heads up:ciao:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts