Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently took my jacket back to where I had purchased it because the zipper had broke. Now the jacket was several months old so I expected some time of repair fee. Without me knowing, the owners of the shop contacted their Joe Rocket rep and informed him of the problem. In turn, the rep sent them a new jacket to give to me instead of fixing my old one. In my opinion, this was a very nice thing to do considering my old one was pretty worn. Thanks again Joe Rocket for stepping up to the plate.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Stepping up to the plate would be for JR to actually make jackets with quality zippers that don't break so easy. I've been there done that with JR and result was to trash the crap gear and get Dainese. In time, my money is on that zipper breaking again. I'd sell that replacement jacket on Ebay while it is still in good condition.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah my zipper broke after 2 months on my joe rocket jacket. They just gave me a refund at the dealer and i got an alpinestars jacket. It's too bad too because i had the honda jacket that matched my bike. Good luck with the new zipper though

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Yeah thats the one. Textile too. I kinda miss it. i matched so well

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
By the way chris, did you actually go past the sign in your avatar at that speed when the pic was taken? I'm just wondering cause thats what i topped mine out at before i geared it down.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Joe rocket has the best customers service. My pants that I use everyday one of the pocket pull tabs broke off the zipper. They are 3 years old. I hit up joe rocket they sent me 5 new ones to make sure it was the perfect match and it came in like 2 days. I have 3 of their jackets, 2 pants, and 2 pairs of gloves, everything still works and fits and is in good shape, but I have not gone down (knock on wood). They have the best support in powersports. Competition werkes is pretty good too

·
The Asian Persuasion
28,564 Posts
Stepping up to the plate would be for JR to actually make jackets with quality zippers that don't break so easy. I've been there done that with JR and result was to trash the crap gear and get Dainese. In time, my money is on that zipper breaking again. I'd sell that replacement jacket on Ebay while it is still in good condition.
Very well said.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
That's awesome to hear about the great customer service... I used to have a mesh textile jacket of theirs and the zipper did seem to be a little shady, but the ones on my leather Rocket Nation jacket are just fine, never had any problems and there are several zippers for vents, pockets, etc. Had the jacket for several years now and I still love the thing

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I haven't had a chance to wear it again since my bike is still under construction. Hopefully I'll get the chance very soon. My other JR jacket has had no problems at all. I just though it was nice of them to give me a new jacket. They could have been real a**holes about it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I hear ya there but it's what I can afford right now. I look at it this way, having something to protect yourself is better than noting. I do have an Arai helmet and I'll never give that up!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I recently took my jacket back to where I had purchased it because the zipper had broke. Now the jacket was several months old so I expected some time of repair fee. Without me knowing, the owners of the shop contacted their Joe Rocket rep and informed him of the problem. In turn, the rep sent them a new jacket to give to me instead of fixing my old one. In my opinion, this was a very nice thing to do considering my old one was pretty worn. Thanks again Joe Rocket for stepping up to the plate.
Same thing happen to me. But when they gave me my new jacket, I asked the parts manager if I could pay the difference and get a leather alpinestars jacket instead. He said no problem. Thanks Joe Rocket....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.