Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to start off slow so everyone can understand my frustration...
August of last year, the tentative schedule for the 2005 MotoGP schedule was released. Not the official schedule, but the tentative. I quickly called Motel 6 North in Salinas California to make a reservation for two rooms. I got the $49 rate and a confirmation number.

One week later, MotoGP releases the official schedule and it was accurate to the tentative!!! I buy my MotoGP tickets for me, my girlfriend and one of my best friends.

In February, my girlfriend of 5 ½ years split up. I have an available ticket. This sucks.
Dayrock decides he is gonna take the ticket and we will be off on a mission from God to have a good time.

February, but later, I reserve a flight for me a said best friend. We book with independence air. They fly out of ORF and seemingly have good reviews and the price was right, especially booking months in advance.

March goes by and I am a year older….

April goes by and I tell SBKDrew at Barber he can have my extra room at the Motel 6. He decides to make the trip since the Hotel is cheap and why not?

May comes and I get an email from Independence air with my confirmation. I see it says my flight is not leaving ORF, but Dulles. 4 hours away!!! I call and they tell me they stopped service to ORF and there was nothing they could do for me. In a panic, I book with US AIR for $100+ more per ticket.

June comes and I decide to double check the status of my room and I found out they have lost my reservation. I am beyond pissed, but I kept my cool and started thinking of options.

I posted in the racing section my hotel issue and BT offered up the RRW article that showed this was a widespread problem.

Then, I started receiving PMs from members offering everything from floor space to friend home phone numbers that live out there. I cannot thank those members enough from there generosity. I expected some responses, but not like what I received.

In the end, GOBB155 offered up a pull out couch in the residence inn in Salinas. Not far from the track, not far from the bars. The room was available all the nights I was going to be in town.

Thank you to everyone that offered to help! Makes me feel better about all the countless hours a day I spend logged on here.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
gotta love the members of this site. i had the opportunity to meet some of members of this site, all have been so kind, and willing to open there homes, and go out of their way to help out another member. anyhow...

Have fun on you "Quest from God to have fun"

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
natecoop said:
gotta love the members of this site. i had the opportunity to meet some of members of this site, all have been so kind, and willing to open there homes, and go out of their way to help out another member. anyhow...

Have fun on you "Quest from God to have fun"

+10 on that. I felt at home at both places I stayed last weekend thanks remax21 and EasyE

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Hondaf4Iguy
i am glad you got your situation resolved i said it before and i will say it again
the family atmosphere is here to stay

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,874 Posts
y'know it's funny. when i met the va beach guys last fall, i had no apprehensions. my wife's always like "you meet people from online in real life??" it's a grea community we've got here. glad to see not everyone on the internet's not a pedophiliac balding 45 year old grease ball.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
good people! it never seems to end!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
MIke really does have a good point here. Its amaziing how much people you've never met are so willing to help you. this site has really changed my life in many ways. That's a good thing. I've been able to develop relationships with people I've never met.

good stuff!

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Glad I could help! No wonder they "lost" your reservation at $49 bucks a night. I thought I was doing good getting one for under $200. I just can't believe all the trouble people are having with their reservations. Hotels are just ridiculous over this.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I realize most of the members on here are from the US, but if you ever find your-selves in need of a place to crash (no-pun intended)in Western Canada, get a hold of me, I'm sure I can fit a few in my house if the need arises.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts