Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or maybe I should say thanks for saving me so much money J

I've casually lurked on rr.net before but have only become an active member this past February.

I've always loved my bike and taken pride in keeping her looking good, however seeing all the sic bikes on this forum made me put the quality of my bike in perspective. My initial thought was "****, my bike looks like **** compared to everybody else’s". haha

Thanks to all the great vendors and members on 600rr.net, I've been able to upgrade my bike, without question, cheaper than if I wasn’t a member. Also, thanks to all the members posting up "how to" so I'm able to do most if not all the work myself and save $$$ on labour.

When I bought my ’07 in ’07 I did the basic mods of a FE, slip-on and flushmounts. However since ’07 I haven’t done much.

Since February I’ve dropped $5K+ on parts/accessories/gear, all from or because of .net vendors or .net members

That all being said, the $5k+ I’ve spent on my bike this year has easily been worth it and I’m way happier dropping that kind of money on my bike than other money pits (restaurants, partying, vacations, gf’s, etc).

Purchases this year:

tank cover fairing
lower left fairing
teknic mercury jacket
alpinestars gp pro gloves
alpinestars smx-5 vented boots
zero gravity double bubble
rizoma rear brake resivoir CT015
rizoma billet sportline grips+conical bar ends
spiegler brake lines: full kit
woodcraft stator cover
Lightech gas cap: full spin
carbon fiber front fender
carbon fiber rear hugger
carbon fiber exhaust shield
carbon fiber head light covers
carbon fiber mid fairings (large) inserts
carbon fiber mid fairings (small) inserts
carbon gauge cover
gilles titanium rear axel nut 22mm
bmc race filter
power commander III
gilles vcr rearsets
gilles adjusters + lifters
red '09 mid fairings (both L&R)
pazzo levers
leo vince sbk factory evoII full system carbon w/ carbon cap
brisk spark plugs
smog (pair) block off plates
tripage FE
Engine Ice

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got some pics that you can see if you click on the "images" in my gallery. Also, got some pics of the most recent upgrades here:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=198158

Been meaning to wash the bike and take some pics of everything but I've been out of town this past week and the weather has been crap since I've been back.

That being said, will try to get some posted asap.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like you got infected with the carbon fiber bug...that is an expensive one to get
Yeah, but not just for CF.

Previously, if I had extra money lying around I would think about putting it into my bike. However, now I actually save money for my bike. It's definitely moved up in my financial priority list, easily above cloths and partying.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
LowBlow
Bike looks great i won't try to depress you but if you think you are done with RR modding
think again that addiction never seems to die the best part about that addiction is it helps
get rid of bad habits and unneeded expenses in my case for example it made me quit the
cancer sticks for good (8 years smoke free now )

·
Registered
307 Posts
Since February I’ve dropped $5K+ on parts/accessories/gear,
I can understand wanting to customize a bike, but dropping $5k on accessories? With $5k I would buy a complete second 07/08 600rr; have a spare bike or a track bike. Or $5k would buy me 17 track days.

It's so easy to be involved in an accident in our bikes and they're totaled out in a second. And all that hard work and money/accessories are pretty much gone (sure you can save receipts and try to fight the insurance companies for the upgrades).

Anyway, that's just my two cents. I would like to see some pics too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I can understand wanting to customize a bike, but dropping $5k on accessories? With $5k I would buy a complete second 07/08 600rr; have a spare bike or a track bike. Or $5k would buy me 17 track days.

It's so easy to be involved in an accident in our bikes and they're totaled out in a second. And all that hard work and money/accessories are pretty much gone (sure you can save receipts and try to fight the insurance companies for the upgrades).

:+1: I lost out on all the accessories I had when a deer stepped out in front of me.

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts

This is why you buy mods with track function in mind, at least that's what I tell myself:drunk:

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My bike is definitely not an investment, it's more of an expense or even a liability. For sure you can spend your money more wisely and for many its hard to justify spending $1,2,3,4,5K, etc on our bikes.

However, "whatever makes you happy" :)

It's all relative. I don't have a problem dropping $500 on rear sets or $1k on an exhaust. However, I find it strange spending $2k on a LV bag or $400 on a pair of jeans.

And I used to party a lot and that would easily cost me $200+ a night and when you go out a minimum 2 nights a week, it add up fast. Where’s the sense in that?

Besides it’s the American/Canadian way. "You do it because you can". haha

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ok figured out how to post inline pics so it doesn't count toward my 2MBs, however all pics are viewable from my flickr page.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts