Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my bike a couple of weeks ago, and just learned how to ride also and loving every minute of it. cuz of all your input/discussions/resources, i've managed to find alot of info on parts/accesories available for our bikes.... here is waht i got so far.....

MSF course :D
intuitive sliders
larry's fender eliminator
shoei rf1000 voltage
oem seat cowl
yoshi ti pipe (on it's way)

i also decided not to lower it and get used to the tippy toe feeling which i'm pretty comfortable with already. thing is... i just saw superbike this weekend, and it seems that all their bikes are lowered. are they... or are the riders all 6 feet tall? also, what's the best way and safest places to practice taking hard turns? (i know i'm not ready yet, but for when i am) i'm in fl so there's not too many twisty roads down here.

·
Registered
584 Posts
A Track day is the safest place to take hard twisty turns, and if you go to a SB school, they will have 2 on 1 instructors to coach you through it until you can tear them up like you never dreamed. On the road there are not many places you can sefely take turns like that because you have no run off, usually gaurdrails, mountains, fences, and other drivers to hit you. Good job on the MSF course because they teach you a lot that you never knew to help make you a safer rider. So far looks like you are well on the right track. As far as lowering the bikes, no, they don't lower them, they make changes elsewhere like lowering the seat itself to accomodate the shorter racers. The suspension although much more expensive and well suited to the track than our stock setups, is basically the same.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Race bikes are totally different from stock street bikes, they can modify alot of things to improve the rider's positioning that would probably cost an arm and a leg for you to do. (its a "whole bike concept"- if they change one thing, they have to change a few others to compensate)

If you're getting comfortable with the tip toes, I'd stick with it. Looks like you're on the right track (no pun intended), good luck!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coo... that makes me feel more confident 'bout not lowering my bike. i've heard many opinions and have a few friends who dropped theirs and said that it handles better.. more stable.. yadi yadi yada. one of em was flat footed and still dropped his f4i... go figure.

how can i find out where tracks are in so florida? and is there a phone # for SB schools? what does SB stand for?

·
Registered
151 Posts
get a sport bike magazine and check the add's in the back for schools. Or when you take the MSF course your Rider/Coach should be able to hook up some info for you. Have fun in the class first then worry about advance schools for cornering and stuff.

·
Registered
584 Posts
SB is for sport/superbike school. Check out Keith Codes school (search on google) and also I believe Team Hammer is teachign two classes in Fl this year, his are a lot cheaper as well and a guy I ride with went back in the early 90's and said they were a great school. The ratio of students to instructors is great and they are a very talented group from what I hear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts