Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
#UCKING JUNK!

Anyone who watched the MotoGP race will know what I am talking about.

Thats all I got to say.

Jason

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
it hurts to see what the 7time world champion has been relegated to, if by next year the piano manufacturer doesn't up the ante i would like to see him dump yamaha for kawasaki in '09.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Well it took Yamaha a long time to step it up with the 990cc bike. Seems like their innovation curve is not up to par with the other manufacturers. I don't like seeing Rossi lose, especially due to mechanical and tire failures...but I do like seeing other guys win.

·
Administrator
51,154 Posts
Vale has a heart of a Lion with all the pain he rode
the bike had a will to finish the race but the yamama
quit on him i am sure he was pissed

Robo face got second place hopefully that will get HRC
off Nicky's back

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
he still has another season to go but only yamaha is still running the old style bike, you look at the other manufacturers like Kawa & Zuki they have way different bikes from last year, no carry over from the 990cc bike while the 800cc M1 is a spliting image of it's 990cc predescessor.

yamaha is just too lazy to develop a whole new bike for 800cc, they are taking the easy & cheap way out by carrying over some old stuff from the 990 to the 800 & now they are paying through the butthole for their stingyness.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Rossi finished 3rd in the world to the greatest riders. THIRD. I think thats pretty remarkable. It's not like he pulled a nicky and had a terrible season. I think everyone's expectations of Rossi are too high. He may be the greatest rider in the world and he's showing that by still finishing in the top 3. Congrats to Rossi for a hard earned third.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
he still has another season to go but only yamaha is still running the old style bike, you look at the other manufacturers like Kawa & Zuki they have way different bikes from last year, no carry over from the 990cc bike while the 800cc M1 is a spliting image of it's 990cc predescessor.
This is incorrect. The Suzuki is HEAVILY developed from the 990. The Kawasaki is even less so, but still much of the componentry is very much the same. You are right to say that the M1 is very similar to its 990 counterpart as well. Whereas Kawasaki and Suzuki determined last year that they'd begin developing the 800s during the 990 era, they were building towards the future and that development has borne fruit for this year's 800s.

The M1 however is, like you said, borrowed technology instead of innovated technology. The only bike on the grid that's totally new from the ground up is the Honda. But talk to anyone including Hopper in the Suzuki paddock and they'll tell you the Suzuki 800 started its component development on the 990s from last year. Honda did that in part with the evo211, but much of it was scrapped as testing and the year progressed.

At any rate, I did see it, but it's not definitive what happened to the M1. It looked like it clunked and lost front suspension or braking component broke. It might have been something they did in order for Rossi to ride it, but definitely, the combination of the M1 AND Michelin rubber did Rossi in, not just yesterday, but towards year end.

The M1 was competitive out of the box and it's not that it's stop being competitive, it's just that the competition has surpassed the flatlining M1 on the way to developing better 800s.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
It's not like he pulled a nicky and had a terrible season.
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Pulled a "Nicky"? What exactly is your implication by this statement? I think this is probably the most inane and idiotic thing anyone has said. The areas in which the Honda has been lacking is well documented and plainly obvious. The only one with competitive Honda machinery for much of the season was Dani Pedrosa. Would you say that Melandri pulled a "Nicky" then too? How about Kenny Roberts, Jr? After finishing 5th last year, did Kenny pull a "Nicky"? You should be reminded that Nicky had been punted off the course a few times this season but human wrecking balls (Elias and dePuniet). It's a TESTAMENT to his perseverance and hard work that he was able to SALVAGE his season on shoddy equipment NOT ONCE complaining about his tires or grip, rather being a champion and riding around the weaknesses of his equipment. Did you not see Valencia as he was clinging onto his position as we slid his whack tires around the sweeping, uphill corner? That's skill to ride around a deteriorating tire...

Pulled a Nicky... you're dumb.

i agree 100%. the bashing of this guy is dumb. people saying the kid cant ride and compete at this level is ludacris.

i will guarantee you that it took more skill to ride that honda around the track this year and place where he did then it took for stoner to win. i also like the fact that the kid is "oldschool" so to speak as far as riding. he started going faster when they turned the traction control down. I like that. and his slides at many of these tracks were sick. albeit not fast, but sick. thats michelins problem, to correct this offseason.

nicky showed me more talent wise and with his professionalism this year in defeat then he did last year winning the championship. i wish him all the best next year and i hope he pulls together a great season to shut up all the nay-sayers.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Only two people were pulling down sub-1'33s at the Valencia test: Stoner and Hayden. I think that'll suffice.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
i agree 100%. the bashing of this guy is dumb. people saying the kid cant ride and compete at this level is ludacris.

i will guarantee you that it took more skill to ride that honda around the track this year and place where he did then it took for stoner to win. i also like the fact that the kid is "oldschool" so to speak as far as riding. he started going faster when they turned the traction control down. I like that. and his slides at many of these tracks were sick. albeit not fast, but sick. thats michelins problem, to correct this offseason.

nicky showed me more talent wise and with his professionalism this year in defeat then he did last year winning the championship. i wish him all the best next year and i hope he pulls together a great season to shut up all the nay-sayers.
I personally feel that the "oldschool" guys like Nicky, Rossi, Capriossi, Melandri and Hopkins are the only people who could really ride a bike when the tires are sliding all over and the bike isn't perfect and are masters of throttle control. The new breed of riders (Stoner, Mini Me, etc.) don't have the ability to really control a bike at it's limits like the "oldschool" guys can. I would love to see everyone revert back to the old 500cc where control over a motorcycle needs to be mastered and not taken out by electronics.

Edit: This is just my arm chair racer opinion.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I personally feel that the "oldschool" guys like Nicky, Rossi, Capriossi, Melandri and Hopkins are the only people who could really ride a bike when the tires are sliding all over and the bike isn't perfect and are masters of throttle control. The new breed of riders (Stoner, Mini Me, etc.) don't have the ability to really control a bike at it's limits like the "oldschool" guys can.
Actually Stoner came up riding dirt track so if anything he would probably have done well on a 500. Mat Oxley (former racer and GP writer) was saying that the reason Stoner has done so well compared to Capirossi is that Stoner has much better throttle control which he learned in his dirt track days.

·
Resident Arai Freak
2,808 Posts
Actually Stoner came up riding dirt track so if anything he would probably have done well on a 500. Mat Oxley (former racer and GP writer) was saying that the reason Stoner has done so well compared to Capirossi is that Stoner has much better throttle control which he learned in his dirt track days.
Yeah I remember reading that same article but there is just something about the Ducati electronics that seem to have made the bike almost ride itself. That isn't a bash on Stoner though, that guy has a lot of talent is much faster than I will ever be.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yeah I remember reading that same article but there is just something about the Ducati electronics that seem to have made the bike almost ride itself. That isn't a bash on Stoner though, that guy has a lot of talent is much faster than I will ever be.
The bike is still not almost riding itself. If it were the other Ducatis would be a lot closer to Stoner. Neil Hodgson told me that the Ducati is actually a very physical, demanding motorcycle to ride. The TC is advanced and can tidy things up but it certainly didn't do enough to help Capirossi do well this year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts