Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts
Holly Sh!T :drunk:

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Why was that Altima stopped to begin with?
From what I gathered....apparently its "normal" practice to stop and pullover for funeral processions even coming in the opposite direction when you're in the south???? :drunk::retard::ponder:

My thoughts and opinions:
1) I can understand pulling over and letting the funeral procession pass by if traveling the SAME direction when its safe to pull over.
2) If you want to show respect even when they are coming from the opposite direction...fine but pullover and out of the way when it is safe to do so... DO NOT BLOCK the road.
3) The truck driver was completely not paying attention
4) Holy $hit! That rider was freaking lucky an I'm glad they did the right thing by pulling over in a safe manner.

Also I think the Altima stopped for 2 possible reasons: This "unspoken" funeral procession rule OR they were confused by the riders on the side of the road and were trying to be nice by letting them back onto the street.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
One fine example of why you shouldn't ride in the middle of the street. I need to start riding with my GoPro. Never know what will happen.

·
Registered
14,367 Posts
Yeah, stopping in the middle of the lane with traffic behind you doesn't ever matter, it's the smart thing to do actually.
The driver in the truck fukked up, plain and simple. I always know what's ahead of me, I would hope you do too.

What if he had stopped for a down bike?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Although I agree the truck driver should have been more aware of what was in front of them, there also shouldn't be anyone stopped in the middle of the road. The driver should have their hazards on right away (plenty of time in the video) if they can't pull over to the side, which is another thing the driver should have done. In regard, I find it to be both that made mistakes. Unfortunately, that's the way it is even though the truck smashed into the car. They were both making errors and ultimately it lead to a collision. Simple actions made by a motorist can avoid accidents like this.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts