Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from a 20 mile loop, its 21 degrees out in CT right now and it started to snow on me... i tried to get home as fast as i could... in the mean time i froze my hands, got off the exit trying to slow down from the top of 6th gear and i couldnt tell if my fingures were on the brake lever or not... :tard:

·
Registered
18 Posts
This reminds me, are there after market handles with built in heaters?
Just that the only thing that seems to freeze on me is the hands, and like Io said, half the time I can't tell if I'm handling the controls properly.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Oh you brought back a bad memory of my college days when I did 130 highway miles in freezing rain at 35 degrees in a down jacket and non-waterproof gloves. By the end of it I couldn't feel any fingers except the index finger on each hand. When I got off the freeway into town, I couldn't stop the bike, so I had to roll up to every light slowly. Stopped myself outside my dorm by rolling slowly into a curb and putting my feet down. It took me 20 minutes to get the bungee straps holding my luggage off the back of the bike using fingers that wouldn't work. I still don't know how I survived that ride.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol... i've been caged for a week now, last ride was on thanks giving. I needed a few quick miles. And yeah, ill need to look into a pair of over gloves.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Try riding in 19 degrees wearing those crappy Alpinestar air carbon gloves or whatever... I couldn't even take my helmet off for at least 15 min. And that was only at the meet spot. :icon_lol:

Luckily we stopped at a sports store so I could pick up some proper winter gear.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lol... i've been caged for a week now, last ride was on thanks giving. I needed a few quick miles. And yeah, ill need to look into a pair of over gloves.
No not gloves that go over your gloves, glove liners go inside your gloves and keep your hands warm.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
i hate that!! i've stalled twice cause i couldnt feel the clutch haha

N

·
0 Posts
Haha...that's happened to me during my morning commute to work sometime earlier this year. My fingers were so badly frozen after I got off my 1 hour commute my fingers were in the "ready to brake" position. You know, the whole two fingers extended.

So, that's when I ordered these bad boyz: Dainese M25 (thermal & waterproof)

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I have to have heated grips when it's that cold.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts