Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Holy crap!!! that engine is roached, looks like its been run with no oil. How about that TSB saying that a certified tech has to break it in... no thanks, after that they can keep it. Would be nice to be the tech though, until they start blaming him for roaching those engines.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like this qoute "I heard of a tranny going in the first ride before. And my friend got a new cbr 600rr last year and the thing blew smoke from day one. On deceleration, He finally took the bike back less then 200 miles on it, took the plate off of it and said see ya. Dont want this bike anymore."

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
that's crappy!!! oh well, should've bought the RR (600 or 1000) oh no marshall, not the smoking 600, we should all take of our bikes back... <SARCASM>

·
Registered
283 Posts
mabbottusmc said:
I like this qoute "I heard of a tranny going in the first ride before. And my friend got a new cbr 600rr last year and the thing blew smoke from day one. On deceleration, He finally took the bike back less then 200 miles on it, took the plate off of it and said see ya. Dont want this bike anymore."
lol cuz a little smoke is the same thing as total engine meltdown!!! after 10 miles!, forkin sad man just sad. engines die or fail, but the bad customer service is the real kicker, Honda has had their share of being asses to people, but that case is outta hand

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
bummer

·
Registered
379 Posts
Who in the [email protected]& woudl want to pay 10000 for a bike they can't break in themselves, there is no way yamaha is going to be able to require that from a legal stand point. And if i were him i would go and get the 1000rr, if i get a 1000 cc bike i am getting the silver 1000rr, sweet baby reall sweet LOL

·
Registered
937 Posts
:shock: :? :( :bitchslap: buy honda :mrgreen:

·
Registered
494 Posts
Wow, Yamaha REALLY screwed up with the mandatory dealer break-in thing. If I was buying a brand new bike and went to pick it up and it had 200 miles on it I would very politely flip them 2 birds and tell them to suck it, then do a burnout in their parking lot while leaving. That is seriously messed up...

·
Registered
998 Posts
As far as the bike itself is concerned...I'm sure it's not every damn R1 that's out.
Where Yamaha screwed up is the dealer mandatory break-in bulls*it. That I can't imagine as being acceptable by any buyer.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Okay I couldnt read any more, got sorta boring. The dealer break in is not a couple hundred miles, its just around the block it sounds like. Also, the guys over on the R1 forum just sound like a bunch of kids yelling and flaming each other. I really cant believe the lack of respect they show for each other.

Anyways, some of the people there are right, he needs to talk to a lawyer. No it wont cost him a dime to just talk to a lawyer. Let the lawyer know the situation, have him read up on any lemon laws there may be. It usually only takes one phone call or letter from a lawyer to get them to treat you right.

I once dated a girl whos father was a lawyer, it was amazing anytime she would have a problem with something (credit card, or cell phone company). She would try and argue with them as to where they made the problem and would get nowhere. He would get on the phone and the situation would be handled in her favor in a matter of minutes. Lawyers have lots of power

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
That sucks bad, but I doubt it has anything to do with proper break in. There are R1's racing allready and there engines are holding up better than the 2+ year old WSB 999's engines. What happened was a disgruntled engine builder just threw that thing together so that it would blow up and make Yamaha look bad. Costumer service could have been a little better but what can you expect these days.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts