Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the RR went to its new home on friday, but its been replaced by its Great Grandfather lol.

The 600rr was my first bike and i only passed my test in February, steep learning curve then ensued but had a blast on it. Got rid of it for a few reasons, mainly because i felt i didnt really need all that power when out on spirited rides with friends, the guys i go out with have 400's and completely changed my opinion on 400cc machines. They quite easily keep up with and out pace 90% of riders on the roads around here on bigger bikes, i felt i was going to end up pushing my limits trying to keep up with them and mixed with inexperience i have done the smart thing and downgraded.
When out i was carrying alot more speed along straights than the 400's to keep up and spending time braking too much whilst the 400's were on the power alot earlier. Obviously a really good rider on a 600 machine wouldnt have any problems but as i said i would have seen myself pushing my inexperienced limits.

And the main reason i changed is i am planning on tracking the bike too and really didn't want to risk throwing the 600 in the gravel with it being so immaculate so changed for something i wouldnt be as pissed off if that happened.

So on with a few (not so good) pics....

Got the 600rr completely standard and ended up looking like this

was sad to see it go but i found this little gem on eBay for a great price. 9 hour round trip and it was home with me....

Needs my personal TLC to sort a few bits and tidy it up but it will get there.

RVF 400 NC35

Tyga rear end
Full exhaust system
Front race fairings
600rr calipers
EBC disks
HRC resevoir mod
Rearsets (forgot the brand)
Shorty levers
Renthal grips
Renthal chain and Sprockets (+2 rear i think)
Pirelli Supercorsa's
R&G crash protection
Smoked screen
Carbon bits

and a few other things i have forgotten.

Went for a quick blast last night and it runs sweet and is soooo much fun the difference is unbelievable to the 600rr.

Will get better pics soon for those interested.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That gives me a woody.
Hoping to be playing with the bigger boys around here in a few months time when iv had some time to get to grips with her. Its also being used as my daily ride!

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
A guy I used to ride with now and again had a grey market one......I still dream of it now and again 10 years later.

Like you said, you'd think a 400 would struggle to keep up but anther buddy with an FZR400 sold his 996 because he was faster and more confident on the 400. It's such a screamer you can't help but love it.

Nice!!!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Very cool ride. I had a chance to buy one years ago when I lived in Japan and have regretted not doing so since. Let us know how it compares when you have time.

·
Administrator
51,151 Posts
She is lovely in every way a bud of min used to bring out his NSR250 out to a make shift track years ago I used to get excited knowing he will bringing her for a few laps the music she made was so unique

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
looks nice,how much? post some pics of front if you get chance,its got twin round headlights hasnt it?

·
AMA Supersport Racer ** BOTM 08/10 **
1,838 Posts
Amazing bike looks awesome.
Congrats!!!
One of my dream bikes.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cheers guys.

Picked this one up for £1600! bargain me thinks.

No it doesnt have head lights, its a race faired front end. Its running a 'day light M.O.T' for now so still legal to use on the road. Will be sticking a small projector lamp in the race fairing at some point or thinking of going for the endurance style front end.
Got lots to do to get it upto my personal standard but will keep me busy and i like messing!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
look forward to some more pics,great buy for that price by looks of things,congrats
what year is it
ithought the nc35 had the air ducts going in to tank from front fairing or are they missing because of tyga fairing?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Why is the sound so well loved and where is their redline? I dont think I've heard one before. The high revving inline 4's sound better then everything else i've heard, including most Ducati's. The 1199 superquadro and Aprilia's V4 being exempt from that statement...they give me wood.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts