Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
For a second there, I swore I was going mad.

Went to make a new post in my build thread and the last chunk of conversation had disappeared. I was sitting there staring at my screen thinking "I swear there was more than this yesterday".

As I said earlier Nico - I'm in for the toy run, but you'll have to excuse the mechanically exquisite, cosmetically unhappy 250RR.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Not a problem mate!

Given that you are on the other side of town, do you want to just meet up at Wakefield Rd?

I'll PM you my number, we should be there by around 10-10:30 at the latest.

·
Registered
254 Posts
<rant>

Luckily enough I went out to check my 250RR last night before the toy run today, only to discover that the Babyblade was dead flat.

Hooked her up to my fancy CTEK charger (BTW - those things are awesome) overnight in the expectation that she'd be full of juice for today's ride.

(At this point I should tell you that it's an 8 week old brand new Yuasa Battery).

Woke up this morning to find the battery STILL completely flat. :banghead:

BatteryWorld are getting a stern talkin to tomorrow.

No Toy run for me today :(

·
Registered
442 Posts
Just found the thread, bummer to hear about the dead 250rr postie.

Not to derail a newly formed Adelaide thread but . . . Gotamadcbr, you should road trip it up to Cairns since it is closer to you, the roads are amazing up there. I worked there for 3 months and am regretting not bringing up my own bike. I hired a bike for 2 days and had an awesome time! I have videos I'd like to post but need to chop out the bottom of them to cut out the speedo haha.

I did the TD1 route (http://www.bikingaustralia.com/two-day_self-guided_tours.htm#twodayride): highlights are Mt Molloy and Gillies Highway

We have similarly good twisties in Adelaide that are not far out but overall our road conditions just don't compare to Cairns.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
<rant>

Luckily enough I went out to check my 250RR last night before the toy run today, only to discover that the Babyblade was dead flat.

Hooked her up to my fancy CTEK charger (BTW - those things are awesome) overnight in the expectation that she'd be full of juice for today's ride.

(At this point I should tell you that it's an 8 week old brand new Yuasa Battery).

Woke up this morning to find the battery STILL completely flat. :banghead:

BatteryWorld are getting a stern talkin to tomorrow.

No Toy run for me today :(
You missed out mate, was a good day for it!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
The Toy Run here was amazing, roughly 400 bikes. I tinsled up my bike!
There were 2 other Red/Black '07s there too, and I knew both of 'em.
I also met another dot netter at Macca's last wednesday, I was shocked!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I don't know how many bikes there were here but I would guess at around 20 thousand...

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
20k?! That's ridiculous. I bet you most of them were in shorts and a t-shirt. There were maybe 6 out of the 400 that wore thier gear over here, setting a great image of Townsville riders. I was the only one with a leather jacket.

Someone dropped thier bike and got run over, too.

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
No, most people were wearing leathers, other than the bikies (which there was a lot of) which were wearing leather vests... no surprise there.

Watched one bloke lowside, he was acting like an idiot, the lights turned red so his mate in front stopped and this bloke wasn't watching, next thing he has turned around and locked her up dumping him and his pillion on the ground at around walking pace.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
That sucks, atleast nobody was hurt.
We had 3 motorcycle coppers and 2 police cars, a police car at 2 or 3 lights ahead, a car behind and 3 motorcycles blocking off the lights and roundabouts while we all rode. It was a good day. :) Got to see a ridiculously fat motorcycle copper take this corner at about 130, he had the full lean, knee out race body position.. it was halarious.

·
Registered
254 Posts
FYI - turns out my brand new Yuasa battery in the 250RR is completely cactus. Battery place say they've never seen it happen before.

They've had it on their charger 2 days and it still isn't registering anything more than 1.4 volts.

(so for the record: I had a legit excuse for missing the toy run :p)

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Good to hear mate, when are we going for that ride then ;)

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I'll run it past the wife....

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Merry christmas to you to mate!

21 - 40 of 97 Posts