Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what a new front plastic for an 03 runs from the dealership? By front I mean the plastic that houses the head lights and ram air intakes and all of that..
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
this info is from www.ronayers.com
Part Number: 64100-MEE-010ZC
Description: COWL (UPPER) (TYPE3)
Source: HONDA
Price: $496.20
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
moeman said:
this info is from www.ronayers.com
Part Number: 64100-MEE-010ZC
Description: COWL (UPPER) (TYPE3)
Source: HONDA
Price: $496.20

OK, so I have a question, all of the local dealers around here want 620 for this part, how can this be? I mean, how can this place sell it that much cheaper?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
51,143 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
Oh moeman, thanks for the post you have saved me a bill and some change...
my pleasure man :beer:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
OK, so I have a question, all of the local dealers around here want 620 for this part, how can this be? I mean, how can this place sell it that much cheaper?
supply and demand my friend. if you are a squid who knows nothing about bikes except how to make them get a front tire off the ground, where else you gonna go to get stuff? They can charge what they want. Heck, theres a big dealer around me that wants $850 for one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cbrdeju said:
supply and demand my friend. if you are a squid who knows nothing about bikes except how to make them get a front tire off the ground, where else you gonna go to get stuff? They can charge what they want. Heck, theres a big dealer around me that wants $850 for one.
Watch who you are calling a Squid, in fact I have never popped a wheelie on my bike. Speaking of squid, I have a feeling you have never even changed the oil on your bike lets see press the start button get on and ride, sound farmiliar? I am sure it has to do with mark up but Honda usually sets a price on those. I have talked to more than one dealer around here in different states and they all wanted the same price, I was just curious. The reason that your's is 850 is most likely because you live in CA and we all know everything costs more there. That is why people have to buy a bike that Honda says should only be sold for 8900 for over way over 9000. I was curious because companies like Honda usually regulates prices as to protect the customer...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,588 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
Watch who you are calling a Squid, in fact I have never popped a wheelie on my bike. Speaking of squid, I have a feeling you have never even changed the oil on your bike lets see press the start button get on and ride, sound farmiliar? I am sure it has to do with mark up but Honda usually sets a price on those. I have talked to more than one dealer around here in different states and they all wanted the same price, I was just curious. The reason that your's is 850 is most likely because you live in CA and we all know everything costs more there. That is why people have to buy a bike that Honda says should only be sold for 8900 for over way over 9000. I was curious because companies like Honda usually regulates prices as to protect the customer...
I don't think he was calling YOU a squid, he was just saying if someone is a squid, that would be the case.

I just got mine replaced and it was kinda expensive.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a general commit aimed at myself he didn't come out and say it but in saying it he was inpling that I might as well be for asking that question...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
328 Posts
paulywalnuts said:
It was a general commit aimed at myself he didn't come out and say it but in saying it he was inpling that I might as well be for asking that question...

I think you are way off here man, take a chill. It was a generalized comment not AIMED AT YOU.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,156 Posts
First, thanks to dano and luv2ride for helping me out here.


Second. pauly, slow down turbo. You seem pretty sensitive about this. It wasnt aimed at you. I say again, if different terms: IF A MOTORCYCLE RIDER THAT DOESNT CARE TO LEARN ANYTHING ABOUT THEIR BIKES NEEDS STUFF, THEY ARE NOT GOING TO KNOW ANYWHERE TO GET PARTS EXCEPT A DEALER. THAT IS WHY DEALERS CHARGE SO MUCH.

Chill the fuk out, man. if i wanted to call you a squid, I would. Spaz.

And im not even gonna address the whole oil change or start button thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry

I see now.. I appologize, when I read it the first time I didn't read it that way and misunderstood your delivery. I just hate the way everyone throws that word around in here. To be honest everyone is a squid at one time in their life or another..

Once again, I am sorry for flipling my lid the way I did...
 

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
Joined
·
19,904 Posts
get it on ebay for about $350-$400 all day long
 

·
Knee Dragger & Site Sponsor
Joined
·
371 Posts
Honda gives a dealer cost and a SUGGESTED retail price to dealerships. It is up to the dealership to decide the retail price based on what profit they fill is best suited.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top