Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Impreza The Impressive
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sucked A$$ and it was long. Almost fell asleep. Movie started at 10:45pm and was done at like 1:20am. Not worth seeing nor renting.

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
I took my 14 year old daughtet with me and since she read the book
she said what the critics stated the book was much much better

·
Registered
211 Posts
Just so y'all know, it's so called basis on facts is a total lie. I recommend you research it yourself and don't let the movie educate you. It's very dangerous to let Hollywood (and I use the word Hollywood loosely) educate you.

·
Registered
226 Posts
the book was WAY better

DarkCBR said:
Just so y'all know, it's so called basis on facts is a total lie. I recommend you research it yourself and don't let the movie educate you. It's very dangerous to let Hollywood (and I use the word Hollywood loosely) educate you.

i'm sure that we could talk about this subject until the end of time.

·
Registered
870 Posts
The book was better, it is always hard produce a 2 hour hour movie with the plot of a 400 + page book. Too many twists and turns.

Peace

·
Registered
110 Posts
DarkCBR said:
the author says its a fictional story with factual information included.
opus dei is real the stuff they do is true, all of the organazation that are mention exsist and practise what he says. look into it a little more

·
Registered
137 Posts
me and my girl went and watched it I thought it was very long myself. I wouldnt watch it again not even if it was free!

·
Registered
593 Posts
I thought it was a great movie. I would call it a must see.

·
Registered
5,488 Posts
Just got back, thought it was great. Haven't read the book yet, but fully intend to.

It's a fictional work. It's supposed to be for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. It did just that. It entertained me. What the hell are people getting so riled up for?!

·
Registered
211 Posts
UalRamper said:
the author says its a fictional story with factual information included.
opus dei is real the stuff they do is true, all of the organazation that are mention exsist and practise what he says. look into it a little more
I'm aware that there is some real elements in this movie like the ones you mentioned. But the idea of Jesus having a wife and child was taken from the writings of the Gnostics, who were heretics. The founding fathers of the Christian church have proclaimed and proven that what these people have written is a fabrication and a lie.

Schwing said:
Just got back, thought it was great. Haven't read the book yet, but fully intend to.

It's a fictional work. It's supposed to be for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY. It did just that. It entertained me. What the hell are people getting so riled up for?!
People get worked up when a movie is set out to completely twist the very core of their beliefs. Even if the movie is for entertainment purposes only and is labeled as fiction it will still create a controversy.

Here is an article I found about the movie: http://www.carm.org/features/davincicode.htm

·
Registered
110 Posts
DarkCBR said:
I'm aware that there is some real elements in this movie like the ones you mentioned. But the idea of Jesus having a wife and child was taken from the writings of the Gnostics, who were heretics. The founding fathers of the Christian church have proclaimed and proven that what these people have written is a fabrication and a lie.

the cathoilic church also prays to mary when the bible specificlly tells you not to. So who should you listen to Man or God?

·
Registered
211 Posts
UalRamper said:
the cathoilic church also prays to mary when the bible specificlly tells you not to. So who should you listen to Man or God?
The catholic church has some issues with following scripture. Praying to Mary is idolatry and Catholicism is full of idolatry. To be a Christian one has to know the real God and what He commands.

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
i'm a Catholic but i don't agree with what the Church says on some issues & that includes praying/kneeling to wooden or stone statues of saints & "gods", i don't go to church anymore b'coz all the homilies i hear are bullchit.

all that is important is i have accepted Christ as my one & only savior & recognize that there's only a One True God, not even the intercession of Mary can save your ass from the furnace of hell b'coz God doesn't like people who interfere in his business.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OveRReV said:
i'm a Catholic but i don't agree with what the Church says on some issues & that includes praying/kneeling to wooden or stone statues of saints & "gods", i don't go to church anymore b'coz all the homilies i hear are bullchit.

all that is important is i have accepted Christ as my one & only savior & recognize that there's only a One True God, not even the intercession of Mary can save your ass from the furnace of hell b'coz God doesn't like people who interfere in his business.
Right on man. The key is unselfishness. In everything you do, do it for God. Be it riding your bike, or working a boring job.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I saw the movie last night, thought it was brilliant as a movie but then I haven't read the book. I was entertained the entire 2 hours and loved the way it made you think and the way that the author / producer made the story so believable and realistic. I can see why Christian people could find the movie offensive (I'm jewish so it made no difference to me) but people should really see it for what it is - a story made up by a man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts