Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the deal…
I currently own a 2008 CBR 600rr. The bike is in immaculate condition, never been down or abused. The bike has 9274 miles on it currently. I paid $6300 for the bike and haven’t put much more into it, just what was necessary to ride it.
Went to my local dealer and they have a 2008 CBR 1000rr for $7499 (which is roughly $100 over book). The bike has 3900 miles and still has one of the original tires on it (that gives me one of two impressions). The bike is in superb condition and I have always wanted to make the jump but have always held back. Either someone bought the bike and never rode it, or something is wrong with it.
As crazy as it sounds, the dealership is offering me $6000 for my trade in, which leaves a balance that will be paid for in cash. They said if I fill out all the paperwork (but not sign it) and have my trade there, they will allow me a 30 minute test ride of the bike and if I decide I don’t want it or it’s too much then the we don’t have to go through with the deal.
I love my 600rr and it has been problem free since the day I bought it. If I turned the key, it came on and I rode. Do you all have any advice for me, questions to ask, or any other helpful hints to keep me from getting screwed if I make the decision? The last thing I want is to trade my perfectly good bike for a seemingly perfect bike and then have to dump a ton of money into to fix.
I am still not sure I want to make the jump to the 1000rr. Just some info, I ride spirited, but not crazy. 95% of my riding will be on the street and out in the canyons (also known as hills where I am from). Any advice would be helpful, and I know, it’s ultimately my choice.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Perhaps I should add that its a Graffitti addition. I am not sure that adds value but it is worth mentioning.
The salesman told me a guy came in and sold them the bike, he was the original owner and never really rode it by the looks. A good friend of mine who works at the shop (always gives me discounts) tells me the bikes been babied but the more I think about it, the more weird it sounds. Just dont want to get screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
Perhaps I should add that its a Graffitti addition. I am not sure that adds value but it is worth mentioning.
The salesman told me a guy came in and sold them the bike, he was the original owner and never really rode it by the looks. A good friend of mine who works at the shop (always gives me discounts) tells me the bikes been babied but the more I think about it, the more weird it sounds. Just dont want to get screwed.
1K graffiti edition?? You got any pics??

Now its starting to sound fishy.

·
Registered
714 Posts
i would try to get the 2012 1krr... but personally i wouldnt do the trade... only cuz i dislike 2008-2011 1k's and some are known for burning oil. id say atleast test ride it and get a better feel for the deal

·
Registered
714 Posts
never heard of an oem graffiti edition.. dont think it exists, your trading in an awesome 600rr with oem fairings i assume for a non oem 1krr, was probably dropped hence why there are aftermarket fairings on it or previous owner was a douche for taking off expensive oem fairings for some aftermarket fairings.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I apologize, my 600rr is the graffitti addition. One could deduce that, but I guess I deserve the remark for my lack of clarification.

Mew: Im afraid a 12' RR is a bit out of my price range. I still have to be able to take care of whatever I purchase. This is an issue that I have heard of with the '08 model years and I have it on my list of questions to ask them. It is a complete stock bike with the original black and yellow oem fairings.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
I apologize, my 600rr is the graffitti addition. One could deduce that, but I guess I deserve the remark for my lack of clarification.

Mew: Im afraid a 12' RR is a bit out of my price range. I still have to be able to take care of whatever I purchase. This is an issue that I have heard of with the '08 model years and I have it on my list of questions to ask them. It is a complete stock bike with the original black and yellow oem fairings.
:banghead: DOH!!

I should have figured that.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Have you done any mods to your RR? If not, getting $300 less than you paid is pretty good. If you did, take them off and sell them to make up the difference. And definitely test ride the 1K first.

Sent from somewhere down the bayou.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
X-treme: My 600rr is complete stock. I have kept it original, just as it was intended.
Like oveRRide mentioned, it sounds fishy. Just looking for some honest opinions.
Thanks in advance to ALL who post.

·
BOTM Winner 05/15
9,996 Posts
08 was the first year of the redesign for the 1kRR, and had an oil burning issue. Might want to look into if the dealership fixed this bike. I believe Honda was covering it under warranty, but do your homework.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE:
Decided that after doing some research and hearing what you all had to say, I would keep the 600rr. I just couldn't let it go, its too perfect. I thought to myself "what if they take her and sell her to some d-bag and he wrecks her, or even worse, stunts her?" I just couldn't do that to such a good bike. Also, didn't want to take the risk of buying a bike and having to put more cash into it. Just letting you all know.
Thanks again to all those who responded.

MoPed

1 - 15 of 15 Posts