Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...I've just about had it with the F****** EPA!

I ordered my daughter a Pocket bike from mini pocket bikes dot com two days ago and today I get this email:

--Dear Valued Customer,
We are sorry to inform you that your pocket bike order has been cancelled / voided out. Due to stricter United States EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) smog regulations, we were notified to make certain changes to the exhaust system to meet new EPA guidelines for the pocket bike you ordered.
We are working diligently to meet the new regulations and expect to have our next shipment of pocket bikes ready to ship by the end of summer. Because the estimated time is still several weeks away, we do not want to hold the funds in your account during this time. So therefore, your funds has been released back to you by our Billing Dept as of today. You should expect these funds to be cleared within 1-3 business days, depending on your bank's policy. Rest assured, we have done everything in our power to get your funds back to you ASAP.
You will be notified once these new pocket bikes are back in stock. We have begun mocking up a prototype exhaust system for the EPA to test. Once the emissions have passed, we will begin production / retrofitting all of our pocket bikes with these systems so that they will comply 100% with the new smog regulations.
Every manufacturer, retailer and store is facing the same issue. These new standards were recently and abruptly implemented, and it is solely up to us, MiniPocketRockets, to find a permanent solution that will satisfy the EPA. The entire pocket bike industry is waiting for our solution.
To protect our customers (you), we urge you to confirm with any company you may find selling pocket bikes that they do indeed have the product on hand, before placing your order. Being the largest retailer / distributor of pocket bikes in the United States, we will be the 1st company to have these new pocket bikes in stock.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Again, you will be notified as soon as the new compliant models are ready to ship. (ETA - End of Summer 2011)
We forward to serving you in the near future.
If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.--

Seriously,...WTF?

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
Oh sh!t that's effed up. I guess I got lucky. I just got my sons X-19 in last month.

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Don't even order from that site, that suck! Big time, bad service always have wrong on hand of bikes they have and they blah blah , I know cause that was my hobbie before I got into real bikes, if u want to order get the lucky 7 pocket bike, shoot I forgot the site that I've ordered from tho,

·
Street BOTM Winner 10/11
4,320 Posts
pic. please
Im on vaca right now and I didn't bring my laptop, and I don't know how to up load pics on here from my iPhone. I'll post some pics when I get back to da crib.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Nuttynu...No one is selling these anymore until the EPA restrictions have been met. One of my friends who works at a shop says even if they do, the bikes will be so watered down and weak that it will kill sales...on a positive note, I did manage to find her a used GP RS-R that looks brand new for 150 bux, just needs a new clutch :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts