Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh I know there are some Final Fantasy freaks out there. No I don't mean the horrible "Spirits Within" Movie :tard: I'm talking RPG and the Advent Children Movie. Post up your favorite one and why and who you think really changed the aspect of that game. And which one changed the whole genre of the series? And why is there a character named Cid in almost all of them?

Discuss...

Disclaimer: My whore's. You are welcome to post but try to stay on topic haha Even though it's almost impossible for some us to do.

Anyways, I would think that FFVII is the breaking point for the series. They revolutionized the gameplay of the RPG genre simply by making the switch to 3D animation. Even to this day, FFVII is one of the highest rated video games of all time. It's also one of the rarest to find. If you do happen to find one, a used one goes for about $100+ I'm lucky enough to have an original copy from it's release. Squaresoft also used Sony's PlayStation to enhance their cinematic cut-scenes which left peoples jaws dropped compared to the SNES versions.
Although the game doesn't have the strongest story line but it does have the most interesting with plenty of twists. The mini games were also a new addition to the series which kept players busy while trying to figure out where to roam on the massive map.
Also the turn based battle system kept from the others with the addition of limit breaks and more summons pumped up the fun factor in battles. The addition of characters from FFVII to the game Ehrgiez didn't help with critics as it failed miserably. Although it is now a classic and rare.
I also think Yuffie could've been left out of the game.:tard:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I bought a PS1 just for VII and loved it. But I loved 9/9/99 and the release of FFXIII even more. For me, 8 was the best in the series along with Tactics. I didn't like 9 at all. Enjoyed X but never liked X-2, and hated XII with a passion.

FFXI and prior were ahead of their time, but I was too young to get into the stories. I also spent some time with FFXI (MMO FF) when it came stateside and enjoyed that too. I'm excited for FF14 (MMO again), and keep dreaming that they'll make a TRUE FFTactics sequel, not that advance BS for Nintendo.

And Nobuo is the man!

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
I love Final Fantasy. Played every one of them except the NES ones--just the PS ones.

BTW, I love Bleach, Naruto, Gundam 0 & 00, and Hajime No Ippo.

I love you too you penis hugging homo. =P

·
Registered
363 Posts
I still have the oridginal releases for both FF VII and VIII for the PS1. every now and then I'll pop a disc into my PS3 and remember my younger years.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have misprinted green label black in front but small green on side.

·
Registered
363 Posts
thats what the side says but the front is normal doesn't say greatest hits.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts