Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sneezed in my helmet Tonight for the first time.....

IT SUCKED!

the title of the thread makes it seem horrible haha, It was meant to say "something that sucked" but I accidentally deleted it. Wow FML Go Tribal *douchebaaaaggg*

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't get it.
Just making convo with the people of 600RR cause Im good at that.

Basically listing the first time they did something that sucked on their bike.

Saying " The first Time I did (blank) It sucked.."

for me " Tonight I sneezed In my Helmet the First time, It sucked!"

·
Registered
101 Posts
Gotta learn how to do those inside sneezes lmao.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know right. It just came outta nowhere, kinda. I was laughing to myself going "it would suck if you had to sneeze and your shield was down, in a turn hahaha"...i took a breath...SNEEZE!

WEAK! lol had to flip my visor up and go with water eyes!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
As disgusting as it is to sneeze in your helmet, it doesnt warrant 'inside sneezing' as you call it. Simply, you risk getting a brain aneurysm because of the pressure spike caused by holding it in. Not to mention being a generous host to the pathogens playing marco polo in your nasal cavity, by letting them stay.

·
Registered
273 Posts
As disgusting as it is to sneeze in your helmet, it doesnt warrant 'inside sneezing' as you call it. Simply, you risk getting a brain aneurysm because of the pressure spike caused by holding it in. Not to mention being a generous host to the pathogens playing marco polo in your nasal cavity, by letting them stay.
Aneurysms caused by sneezing are quite unlikely, there have been probably around 100 reported cases ever, and usually it's the sudden jerk that is tearing open an already existing aneurysm. Increases in pressure in your lungs doesn't transfer pressure to your blood.

As for pathogens, our immune systems are there for a reason, not sneezing isn't going to make you sick.

Holding in a sneeze is not dangerous in the slightest.

Either way, sneezing inside your helmet is awful I agree.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I held my helmet behind my back one time, stretched my back on it, without thinking. I farted. My visor was down, I put them helmet on about 2 minutes later. fart smell, trapped in my helmet. I thought the air cycling would get rid of it, no.. It just moved it to the back for about a minute then BOOM right back to the front, I tipped the mask open. I think it stuck in my hydrawick

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
Today I was riding behind my friend and his tire was throwing small rocks at my face and scratching my new bell star with my gold visor :[
That deserves a kill switch flip on his @ss lol

·
Registered
273 Posts
That deserves a kill switch flip on his @ss lol
I have a friend that used to do this to his buddies back in the day, god dammn that must be scary as s* the first time someone does that to you.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Aneurysms caused by sneezing are quite unlikely, there have been probably around 100 reported cases ever, and usually it's the sudden jerk that is tearing open an already existing aneurysm. Increases in pressure in your lungs doesn't transfer pressure to your blood.

As for pathogens, our immune systems are there for a reason, not sneezing isn't going to make you sick.

Holding in a sneeze is not dangerous in the slightest.

Either way, sneezing inside your helmet is awful I agree.
You have more than one line of defense, just because you have an immune system doesn't mean its alright to allow pathogens in since they will be eliminated (which isn't always the case). Why the hell do we clean and disinfect wounds, we do have immune systems after all, right? Sneezing rids the nasal cavities of debris and pathogens.

Dr. Alan Wild, an otolaryngologist at SLUCare highly discourages stopping or suppressing a sneeze once it's under way. If a sneeze is violent enough, you could pull a muscle, burst a blood vessel or violently pop your ears which could cause temporary hearing loss, he said.
Source:
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/fitness/scientists-try-to-be-nosy-about-sneezing/article_f8c635e5-910a-5a17-808b-eb18bf39ebf0.html

·
Registered
273 Posts
'bursting a blood vessel' as he says it is rather vague, holding in a sneeze will not build enough pressure in the circulatory system to 'create and rupture' a blood vessel whether it be in the brain or elsewhere.

Now if you have a preexisting aneurysm the violent shaking can rupture the vessel sure, but if it ultimately is ruptured by a sneeze then holding in a sneeze is the least of your worries.

As for pathogens in your nose sure.. I suppose so, but as a violent sneezer myself I rarely let the air pass through my nose, it's usually out of my mouth. But if instead of sneezing you were given the option to inhale, it's very unlikely that that will be the reason you get sick.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I get occasional nose bleeds, just pops with no warning, 1st time it happened on the bike I was on the M6 motorway in a contraflow (nowhere to stop) by the time I pulled over the tank, my jacket & my face was covered on blood, that sucked big time!

·
VP of Metal Operations
4,202 Posts
You have more than one line of defense, just because you have an immune system doesn't mean its alright to allow pathogens in since they will be eliminated (which isn't always the case). Why the hell do we clean and disinfect wounds, we do have immune systems after all, right? Sneezing rids the nasal cavities of debris and pathogens.

Dr. Alan Wild, an otolaryngologist at SLUCare highly discourages stopping or suppressing a sneeze once it's under way. If a sneeze is violent enough, you could pull a muscle, burst a blood vessel or violently pop your ears which could cause temporary hearing loss, he said.
Source:
http://www.stltoday.com/lifestyles/health-med-fit/fitness/scientists-try-to-be-nosy-about-sneezing/article_f8c635e5-910a-5a17-808b-eb18bf39ebf0.html
That's pretty interesting, my dad had a brain aneurysm when I was 8 and we found him just in time. I had heard this theory about holding in sneezes and notice he does it all the time. I'm not saying that's what caused it but it is interesting non the less.

He is still brain damaged from it (he is blind in one eye, can't speak, and limited motor skills.) But he is in a far better state than what the docs predicted. They said he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's pretty interesting, my dad had a brain aneurysm when I was 8 and we found him just in time. I had heard this theory about holding in sneezes and notice he does it all the time. I'm not saying that's what caused it but it is interesting non the less.

He is still brain damaged from it (he is blind in one eye, can't speak, and limited motor skills.) But he is in a far better state than what the docs predicted. They said he would be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

I Hold in sneezes all the time, but I think I get aneurysms of the ass, cause usally when I hold em in, I fart REALLY loud!

Cause Imma Beast

swan-rr that sucks bro
The killswitch thing, imma do that to a friend of mine we got our licenses the same day, went to the same MSF I bought an 05 black he bought an 03 yellow. Imma killswitch his ass!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts

Glad to hear your father is doing much better than predicted. Many physicians are adamant on the negative effects of doing so and quite honestly I don't see why people should hold it in unless they are in certain situations and they seldom do it. Why risk it? As you mentioned your father did it all the time, it does become a habit if you let it which makes it more dangerous.

Tribal, stop holding them in and stop farting dammit!:cursin:

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
Sharted once. That was bad mkay

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts