Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I FINALLY got my butt to Jennings and it was 8 kinds of epic. If you haven't done a track day, you are missing out.

I went with a friend who used to race CCS so he knew the deal, and that was helpful to me. He was on a 1098. We both rode novice because I am..well.. a novice and he didn't want to risk crashing the duc.

PICS!

Fueling everybody up

Big big sale tent!

all the tents in a row

We set up camp and stayed the night on the track. This was neat because you get to walk around and shoot the breeze with all the other track crazed people. It's a really cool environment.

::cheese face::

Lining up for novice lead follow

I think this is turn 7

weeeeee!

My body position was awful the first half of the day, I started getting it together after lunch and was noticeably faster. Body position still needs LOTS of work. I'm hoping next time I can have someone follow me with a video camera. I know in my mind what I'm supposed to be doing, but what actually happens is another story.

The last two sessions an RC51 and I were duking it out, which was a lot of fun. I don't know my lap times nor do I want to, because I'm sure they are terrible. I made significant improvements all day, and that was my goal. I cannot wait until the next time. What a blast! I'm seriously considering making the are are a track only bike.

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Nice man, congrats!!! Just got home from there myself, worked up there the last 3 days, I am EXHAUSTED! And heading back there this weekend too! :D WOO HOO lol

·
Ain't Even Excited
1,769 Posts
Hey man that looks like a blast, I really want to go there! What kind of costs are involved? (Assuming you have appropriate gear)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey man that looks like a blast, I really want to go there! What kind of costs are involved? (Assuming you have appropriate gear)
The track day is $130 a day if you pre-register. Also there is a multiple day discount if you stay for the whole weekend.

Here are some things I had to buy:

sleeping bag (my buddy brought a tent, you can also spend the night in a hotel, I think there is a days inn that's like $50 for Jennings riders)

I had to get some underarmor to go under my leathers.

I bought spare levers for my bike, I hear that's a big one

beer(lol), snacks, water, ice

My buddy already had most of the stuff for the pit i.e.

easy up, track day tools, cooler, chairs, table... I think that's everything. I tow the bikes up with my Jeep and a harbor freight foldy trailer (in the first pic).

This thread has some good info:
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109845

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice man, congrats!!! Just got home from there myself, worked up there the last 3 days, I am EXHAUSTED! And heading back there this weekend too! :D WOO HOO lol
You're a control rider right? That seems like a lot of fun. Chris and Davey were the control riders when I was there, both helpful. Davey zipped by me a few times on the motard, which was a little embarrassing I'm not going to lie.

Seems like a cool way to get some track time, and help people out in the process.

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
Congrats man! Looks like a good time. Damn I missed out.

Nice pics. Hopefully i'll be out there again soon.

·
Registered
457 Posts
@ grabulator,

I have never seen a bike strapped down that way before, I am assuming it held well throughout the trip?

·
Registered
92 Posts
nice, I did my first track day last month and since then I got a dedicated track bike. I am going again next weekend to Roebling. I also scheduled one at CMP on the 3rd 24th and 25th of next month. You could say I'm addicted now. I'm sure you feel the same way. What org hosted the track day?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts