Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im prettyyyy sure its my injectors.

i did do some research, but i didnt really find an answer to my question.

i was wondering if its safe to put a cleaning solution in with my fuel, every so often i use this prolong fuel additive in my car, mixes right in with the gas and helps keep the injectors and such clean.

think its safe to use a small amount of it in my bike?

what other solutions are there?

thanks.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
dont use a lot.
most car solutions are forumlated for more gas than a bike tank is.
maybe an ounce of seafoam

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have done it before in previous machines. Usually the bottle will say that it is for 12+ gallons of fuel or so. I split the bottle into 4 smaller bottles and used it every couple of fill-up (or so). I have never had a problem with it. Of course, I have never used it on a fuel injected bike. All my previous bikes were carb.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hmmm, I'm gonna look into that tensionermabob. I did my valves at 20k (no shims baby, <3 my honda) and I assumed that was it up to that point, so I left well enough alone. I've ridden a few other 600rrs that all sounded like mine (with the tick) and assumed it was nature of the beast? Is it harmful or just annoying? Thoughts?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Is the "Tick" always there at all RPM's? Or is it just around 5000-5500 RPM? If it is the second, it is your CCT. Even the new (OEM) CCT's are subject to the rattling (sounds like BB's in a soda can). I did the modification on my new CCT and it is as quiet as Honda's factory race team this year....

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hmmm, I'm gonna look into that tensionermabob. I did my valves at 20k (no shims baby, <3 my honda) and I assumed that was it up to that point, so I left well enough alone. I've ridden a few other 600rrs that all sounded like mine (with the tick) and assumed it was nature of the beast? Is it harmful or just annoying? Thoughts?
If you have that many miles and you have yet to replace the cam chain tensioner I would do it regardless. It's only $50, take less than 10 minutes to install even for someone who has never worked on bikes before, and will make the bike run better. Sounds like a no brainer. I had to replace mine at 8,000 and many people have had to replace theirs sooner. I'll do a How-To for you tonight if you want and walk you through it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts