Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know, I have an incredible time on my RC51 on the track. I also have a great time on my other RC51 on the street. I also have a great time on my 600RR on the street. I have been kicking around the idea of selling my Track RC to the track my 600 for some tire relief (the rc is hell on tires). Since it took me so long to peice together my Track bike, I would want to keep some of the trick parts for my streetbike and sell the track bike mostly stock.

I am thinking $4500 for an 01 RC with the following...
OPP race bodywork
SS brake lines
Race harness
Pair/flapper/silencing gears removed (also nicky mod)
PC2
520 conversion
Scotts damper mount

The reason for the post is feedback... Do you think that is a fair price?
Do you think you would know of anyone interested? Do you think you might be interested, but you want more parts?

It is just a feeler. So feel free to ask questions or make comments...

·
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware
6,875 Posts
ruh roh raggy! does this come with the Sebulba Pod Racer mimicing exhaust?

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have plans for that exhaust, however if someone really had their heart set on the most rediculous sounding loud deep exhaust, I am sure it could be negotiated.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
You're thinking right. A friend of mine went from an RC51 to a 600RR and now is way faster on the 600RR than he was on the RC. Good luck on the sell. $4500 seems like a really good price.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
Has this bike ever been down???

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The bike went down once since I have had it. My lowside in T10 at VIR North.

As for pictures, I do not have any of it right now. It looks like my avatar.
Imagine a primer grey RC with a fist size dent in the tank.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

When I was putting it together this past winter.

My 02 with the same bodywork on it

·
Registered
282 Posts
I instantly went faster on my 600rr than my RC at the track.. but I'm probably not nearly as experienced as you =]

-tawheed

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I was just messing with you mike!

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Mike, let me know when you're really ready to sell it. I'm getting pretty close to talking the wife into letting me buy a trackbike. If I could pick up a RC though I'd probably just track the RR and have the RC as my streetbike.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
But Mike, you have the coolest streetgoing 600RR I've ever seen! If you're going to track it out you must let me advise on a few things. :)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you want a street RC, this is not the one. It would take lots of work to re-street it. It has a clear title, so no worries there, but no street bodywork whatsoever. If you wanted a projest, perfect.

Kevin, you know It would be all new bodywork. I would have to send it off to Greyhoud paintworks or Mark Dunn Custom Design to have it painted.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
hondaf4iguy said:
If you want a street RC, this is not the one. It would take lots of work to re-street it. It has a clear title, so no worries there, but no street bodywork whatsoever. If you wanted a projest, perfect.
Ah, probably not for me then with all the extra $ that it would cost. I think the RC would be a bit much for me on the track. I'd probably be too scared of it to get faster at the rate I hope to on the RR.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Mike, I'd paint the bodywork (pro or spray can) and try to get the tank fixed or replaced. If you do that I can't see you having a hard time selling the bike for the price you want.

Kevin

1 - 17 of 17 Posts