Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Can anyone stop bayliss?

2. How can ducati dominate WSBK and simultaneously get annihilated in AMA?
it looks like the ducati cup again.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
wot.. barros, corsa, tosland, haga, they are nobody?

ducati has a really good set up on their factory bike, last year suziki was running away with it until vermulin and friends got it together and chased down the two suzys that owned the first 4 rounds..bayliss is reaally good nut if you make no changes between the two races then your setup is pretty on song...hell, honda 1,2,3,4 in the supq sprt bikes but no first place for frenchie this time
the rest will catch up ..

·
Registered
6,774 Posts
better Bayliss & Ducati than Corser & Suzuki, back on our forum the Suzuki club brags too much about Suzuki being best of the best so i told them about the Hopkins incident at Qatar & the current WSBK standings, that shoud clam them up for a while.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
really i think bayliss should've won every race this year. he doubled up a monza and valencia, and would've got both a phillip island if i hadn't been for that mechanical failure
(i think) in the first race. it really looks like ama: corser chasing bayliss then everyone else. the gap between 3rd (toseland) and 1 is getting ridiculous.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Barros!

Once he gets some more goodies for his bike and better starts he'll take a win for sure. He is by far the most seasoned rider in WSBK right now. He had a great race weekend at Monza and gets stronger with every race.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
The Duke @ Rumblestrip Radio podcast has some interesting ideas about the Ducati in WSBK vs AMA, ya'll should check out episode 10, its interesting

I never watched WSBK much so I'm trying to get into it this year and its definitely great racing, although Bayliss pulling away like that was very Mladin like

·
Registered
799 Posts
The answer to your question on how Ducati can dominate WSB, but get killed in the AMA is simple. First, it's not always a given how fast a rider is going to be on a given bike. For example, Bayliss is suited well to the Ducati's characteristics... he may not be as fast on Corser's bike even though the Suzuki is the better bike (ignoring who's on it). Some guys are about the same regardless, others really prefer a certain bike. Also, don't forget: Lanzi is getting whipped every round on the same exact bike, as are Hodgson and Bostrom over here. It may just be a case of Bayliss taking the bike to another level.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Dano said:
Barros!

Once he gets some more goodies for his bike and better starts he'll take a win for sure. He is by far the most seasoned rider in WSBK right now. He had a great race weekend at Monza and gets stronger with every race.
+1

He needs to figure out how to launch the bike, but that's really just about the only place I saw him really falling behind the other riders.

I'm really enjoying the racing this year, and I think it's just going to get better as Barros gets more competitive.

I forgot how much fun it was to watch Nori Haga race! That guy does stuff that leaves you sitting there saying "Well, THAT'S not going to work...you can't do THAT."...and he pulls it off. For example, passing around the outside at Parabolica.

I stopped watching SBK after Colin Edwards left and it basically became the Ducati Cup with very little interesting racing going on. This season is definitely worth watching.

I also had to wonder about Bayliss....how can you suck that bad in MotoGP and do so well in SBK?

N

·
0 Posts
I think they should have a World Superbike Race that includes all of the best, not just America vs America and UK vs UK. Let's see the best of the best of the Superbike racers!

Now I'd pay money to see that!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Sort of a Ryder Cup of Motorcycle Racing?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts