Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are getting worse and worse as time goes by. All they do is abuse their power. A new person gets beat every week on camera. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with them yet. The whole department should be put under investigation by internal affairs or something. It'd be cool to see a bunch of crooked cops be carted off to jail. :evil:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I have friends who are Public Defenders with the LA County and they have been stating for a long time that the LAPD is full of crooks, liers and "cowboys", who really don't care about "protecting and serving" as stated in their motto! I would'nt blame people from trying to run from the cops, especially after they have had one bad experience.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Fellas, why is it that teachers, priests and cops are all trweated the same?

Everyone hates public school because of some teachers.
Everyone hates the church because of some priests.
Everyone hates the Cops because of a few bad ones.

Everyone gets all worked up and crap isn't happening to them.
Do not get me wrong, nothing pisses me off more than a demented teacher or priest or even a crooked cop. But I refuse to generalize.

It is amazing to me, that as a sportbike communty we complain about the cops generalizing us, then in the same breath because of a few cops we now hate them all.

Get over it.

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
name me at least 1 or 2 incidents that proves that LA cops are "Crooked" and abuse their power..

dont believe everything you read and see on TV.. TV portrays their side of the story.. they edit alot to make the story appear how they want you to see it.

same thing goes for the press.. pictures speak 1000 words but never tell the true story.

·
Registered
21 Posts
eh with nething you get good cops,and bad cops. they have bad experiences with ppl. just as we have bad experiences with them.
there just like you and me but they have to deal with idiots everyday cause its there job, we get to choose. I use to be security and i know what they have to put up with...5 minutes worth of time to bust a shoplifter on my end,3 page long reports on his end he has to do? seem fair to them? fk no.

·
2,926 Posts
gotta remember too when you get pulled over or whatever... cop has to be on his toes and show some authority... also he is very cautious about his approach to people.. who knows who has a gun or whatever..

everytime a cop has to deal with a person his life could potentially be in danger.

·
Registered
32 Posts
crvlvr said:
I have friends who are Public Defenders with the LA County and they have been stating for a long time that the LAPD is full of crooks, liers and "cowboys", who really don't care about "protecting and serving" as stated in their motto! I would'nt blame people from trying to run from the cops, especially after they have had one bad experience.
doesn't suprise me that a PD would say that. I have quite a few friends that are LA County DAs and say the opposite about their dealings with LAPD officers. There are always going to be a few a-holes in any group but don't discredit the whole and definitely don't believe how the media portrays any story, after all it's all about ratings and selling papers.

If you really think the LAPD or any local PD or sherriff's department is full of a bunch of abusive cowboys with no regard to what they have been sworn to do, free up a night and request a ride-along it will open you eyes to the crap and dangerous and general disregard they have to deal with from your "law abiding" fellow citizens.

Are you really saying that running from the cops is excusable? Is it okay for the career criminal who just jacked your 600rr or robbed your house to not stop for the cops because you feel sorry for him because he's already had a "bad experience." And I bet he was just minding his own business when he had that first experience. :banghead:

·
Registered
763 Posts
akk akk akk

This is why that show “cops” irritates me. :evil:
Ya notice how they always show what the cops want ya to see.
The clips where everything goes good for the cop & their dealing with total idiot criminals.
Then that pompous host (I really hate that jerk’s attitude) comes off with
“These drug dealer slugs of society thought they could get away with….”
We never get to see the cop screw up (like all people do) with “criminals” in unclear situations and motives.
Then I’d like to hear, “The mentally unbalanced inept officer tried to take out his personal problems
on this desperate hungry criminal trying to feed his family…….”

·
Registered
122 Posts
I dont know about LA cops but in the mid west the group as a whole does a respectful and professional job. Yeah, there are bad apples where ever people are involved. You have to respect what they do and why they do it. I agree with sicboy, go on a ride along, its a lot different than the cops show. They risk their lives, work every holiday, every hour of the day, do tons of paperwork, have to go to court all the time just to have their arrest pleaded down to jay walking, and to top it all off we pay them like crap. Hell, the average starting trash collector makes more money than a experienced patrol officer.
I think we are the criminals for allowing it to continue...send emails to your state reps and congressmen to get off their lazy butts and change something that matters :-x

·
Registered
763 Posts
Yea, that was a ridiculous rant.

It’s really just the format of “Cops” and shows like that piss me off.

We need something between those supposed reality law enforcement shows & ‘Reno 911’.
I like that one.
Now there’s a quality show with useful political commentary.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
2,926 Posts
yeah.. i was just busting on you rockitfuel...

i understand your perspective... just having a little fun..

did you see that bit from Michael Morre from the movie "Bowling for Columbine"
when he visited the guy that is the head of the show COPS?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh I'm not talking about cops vs bikers

and it has nothing to do with me

it's more about people of authority vs citizens

I'm not harboring any hatred

don't tread on me!

·
Registered
543 Posts
It's the opposite here in Taiwan..cops don't do their job at all!....and when they occasionally do..it's random and no lessons are learned by anyone!.....I hate to say it..but I love the law in my home province(Quebec)...cops there are cool and they apply the law equally and fairly on a daily basis....ok, I admit, nothing is perfect and i'm sure there have also been some shortcomings in the system in Quebec...but nothing that would make people hate or be afraid of the police....I respect them and they are just doing their job!...

but here in Taiwan...all I can say is..hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah...you can pull any stunt you want on the road, you can drive in any direction you want, burn lights, cause accidents, put 6 people on t\your scooter....and you can do that every day without a bother!....even worse...they don't have proper insurance here, so, if you are going through your green light, and some bastard burns the red, and you t-bone him....he's at fault right?...right!....but here, that's not the way....it's who hit who...not who was at fault!...so, you may be riding along and going through your green light, when some hero burns his red...and you hit him because you have no way to avoid him because he went through the light...well, you are 99% going to pay the guy for his damages...you will be at fault..because you hit him!.....is that wild or what?....so, with that in mind.,,the Chinese all drive carelessly knowing that whatever they do, the others will be responsible!!!...it just makes me soooo pissed on a daily basis since I have to avoid a million and a half morons pulling these stunts!......this only happens in the city though!...cheers

·
Registered
92 Posts
aren said:
They are getting worse and worse as time goes by. All they do is abuse their power. A new person gets beat every week on camera. I'm glad I haven't had to deal with them yet. The whole department should be put under investigation by internal affairs or something. It'd be cool to see a bunch of crooked cops be carted off to jail. :evil:
LAPD had their hands in the slayings of Biggie & 2Pac

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I'm sure all the LAPD officers that are not crooked enjoy being slapped into that category. Just like those responsible riders get slapped in with the squids, all because we're on a sportbike.

I'm all for having an opinion, but don't put public servants/protectors down, until you walk in thier shoes. If you haven't done that kind of work you have no idea what it's like.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I dont know about LA cops but in the mid-west the group as a whole does a respectful and professional job
I agree.. I went to school in the mid-west, and my experience cops there was much more pleasant than CA. (LAPD and CHP to be specific) . I have got my unfair share of tickets in LA.

Cops have a tough job to do. and I will agree that most of them sign up with the LAPD with the best intentions. but power corrupts..

There are exceptions to every generalization. I am sure there are a few good cops out there. :roll:

Or may be its not the cops, its the ineffecient justice system that makes it so expensive in time and money to contest tickets, and that most people forgo their legal right and just pay up.

Read more on http://www.ticketassassin.com/whyfight.html on why the whole system in CA is so screwed up.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts