Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hittin The Twisties On My RC 51
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not been riding long but I do watch cagers closely and one thing I noticed is just by the way a person is holding the steering wheel, I can guess if that person is going to come over in my lane and most times I am spot on. If I see that left arm move a certain way, I will either slow down to give them space or gun it out past them depending on traffic. What are some of the other little things you guys have picked up on while ridding?

·
Registered
573 Posts
Look for and at everything, and be prepared for it to happen. I know it sounds paranoid, but thats just the way it is. Ive been riding for too many years to mention, but I want to state this, and it has saved me many times. If someone stops suddenly, take the outside line as close as you can, therefore, a cage behind you will more than likely slide by you and into the space you just created, maybe into the car in front of you, but not you. Hope none of it happens, but always keep it in mind.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
heres an exercise 4 ya, keep a running dialog in your helmet of every thing you see while riding, eg , left arm twitching hes gunna move over, old lady in a volvo, she will wait till i get to her then pull out.... all that stuff. just say out loud wot you see and keep it going for as long as you can. the key is out loud and everything you see no matter how little. you dont look too freaky in a full face with a tint.hahahaha. but it works all of a sudden you get a mental picture of traffic behaviour before stuff happens

·
Registered
573 Posts
Beware of EVERYTHING AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!! A friend of mine almost crashed trying to avoid a possum at dusk. The damn thing ran back to the edge of the road after he went by then started back across in front of me. For the most part hitting an animal at that size wont cause a crash, but the response to try to avoid it can.

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I always use the same habits I learned being a UPS driver. It has kept me crash free so far.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts