Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First trackday today...it was the best thing i can ever think of...more fun then ANYthing i have ever done.. just plain sick.. NJMP thunderbolt. ..

i had coolant leak at first 10 mins in my first session..told by mechanic it was most likely a blown head gasket.. miserable..then 10 mins later he says it was an air bubble in radiator i make the session after next. ..was in the novice group in the fast section of it.. i was passing people..it was so sick..felt so comfortable on the bike... oh yea.. my first time around the track i friggin went into the grass..i thought the road went straight but it was an illusion..was like a 90 degree right turn.. i kept it up.

saw a 600rr black crash.. wonder if its on this site. also saw someone asian on a silver 600rr.

anyway.. take your bike to the track people.. it was the best time ive ever had.. will post pics soon i bought the 50$ CD lol

oh yea my bike was the gold 600rr in track fairings

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
we have another convert! may the lawd have mercy on your wallet! :crackup:

start saving for extra brake pads & tires, you'll be needing them sooner than you think.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i already need new pads after this trackday.. i think im gunna get steel lines too because my breaks didnt feel all too strong coming outa that straightaway.. but yea.. i dno what i have got myself into, sooo expensive...but now theres no turning back its worth it

D

·
0 Posts
If you think it's expensive now, wait until you get faster and a set of tires barely lasts you 2 days.

Better lines and pads will make a huge difference on the track. Much more confidence going into turns.

·
Registered
2003 Honda CBR 600RR
6,791 Posts
yea i already need new pads after this trackday.. i think im gunna get steel lines too because my breaks didnt feel all too strong coming outa that straightaway.. but yea.. i dno what i have got myself into, sooo expensive...but now theres no turning back its worth it
HEL lines + Motul DOT4 RBF600 fluid + Vesrah RJL pads

that should be good enough until you get to the advanced level riding pace, after that it's Brembo 19RCS & more track oriented brake pads.

as for tires what are using right now? hybrid tires like Diablo Rosso Corsa, Power Pures, Q2, BT003RS, M5 are more than enough for a trackday newbie to ride on, what you need are tires that will last you a long time so you can get more seat time.

before you even think about getting DOT race tires you must have your suspension upgraded first before you can take advantage of the DOT race tires, even street & hybrid tires can give you tons of grip if you can tune your suspension very well.

i have ridden nothing but street tires (Pilot Power) while upgrading my suspension to make the best of the available grip & life the street tires have to offer, i was just 10sec off the lap record at my home track on street tires & i was faster than some riders with DOT race tires. they just think all of their grip & suspension problems will be solved by the use of DOT race tires.

now i'm just 7secs off lap record with the Michelin Power Race tires i have on, we'll see if i can come close to that when i try the hybrid tires next (Power Pures).

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
Definitely bleed your brake lines or get ss lines, they'll fit 1000% better. Don't worry about expenses, you can have tons of fun on 'basic' equipment.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used to be an avid paintball player. This "Sport" has taken over that sport. I went out to the paintball field yesterday on my bike for the first time in a while. I missed it but I still would just rather spend my money on my bike and gear for the street now and the track later.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea struck it was that "P" turn.. someone else ran off into the grass there too LOL...and someone on a 600rr crashed and stayed down.,..didnt get up..ambulance came and took him.. it was the last session on one of the last turns... sucks.

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
Welcome to the real addiction you will convert to full track riding in no time

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
heres some pics from the first lap around the track.. can you guys give suggestions on body positioning? as the day went on i got much fast and better lines but of course it was the last few sessions that happened and he didnt take new pictures.

that guy on the r6 crashed and his bike was DONE..completely trashed..feel bad for him.

on this next pic it looks like my line is wrong

thats enough pics for now.. the other ones arent even that great. you can see in one of them antifreeze leaked on my fairings..thank god i have a catch on there..replaced it with just plain water.

ya and you can tell these pics are from early on in the day because the vents on my helmet sheild are still closed--only was later that i realized they were closed and opened em.. wonder how i looked later on in the day

D

·
0 Posts
Get off the seat more, head down, chest next to the tank, outside arm resting on the tank, and get your feet up on the pegs more.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You should get down lower and chew your knuckles as others have said. When you do this, you should feel the gas tank under your arm, this will make it feel more secure and give feedback on what the bike is doing. Good Job another track addict in the making!

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Cool pics ajay - post more

1 - 20 of 31 Posts