Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really need to figure out how can I increase my top speed.
I top out about 162 mph. Yes I know its not safe but I like to know what improvements I need to do to increase that, any help would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
632 Posts
I really need to figure out how can I increase my top speed.
I top out about 162 mph. Yes I know its not safe but I like to know what improvements I need to do to increase that, any help would be appreciated
thanks
-Gearing (Down teeth on rear sprocket.)
-Turbo
-A lot of $$$
-What the hell did you buy a 600rr for if you are going for top speed?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its my first bike and we all know the 600rr is the nimble and simple to handle. But now I want to go faster. I really don't want to go to a 1000rr. I just want to make the bike I love faster

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I weigh 220lbs 5'11. And it depends last time it was on the A.C. Expressway.

·
Registered
696 Posts
so where exactly are you topping your bike out at?

In my case, there is a 6 mile stretch of straight road with no roads intersections, no houses, and out in the boonies. Of course anything can happen but anything can happen even if your on a closed course. Did it twice since I bought the bike and thats enough.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to see 175. I'm not gonna lie I top my bike out a lot. I wouldn't say I'm reckless but its an adrenaline rush.I don't do it around cars but mostly on a clear strip on the highways. + it dont help that my boys be right there with me. Its the next big rush after sky diving

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Yea, I don't think your ever gonna see 175mph on a 600. Sorry bro. Just so you know, this site isn't really the place to ask these kinds of questions, your just asking to get flamed, trust me I learned the hard way.
You say bikes are after sky diving? After riding for 4 years and then going sky diving I thought sky diving didnt live up to the hype. I guess going 160mph all the time kinda made me numb to it. It was fun but I still pick bikes over it any day.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That would be nice but I really dont know if any 600 would be that fast and the motor stay in one piece. Throw a turbo and a **** load of nitro maybe but the motor wont handle to much more horse power. I read a thread on here where a stock 600rr was dynoing at 125 hp and someone said that the motor is not desighned to handle that much

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just out of curiosity, what do the numbers mean to you? The difference between 165 and 175 is not going to be discernible to you going that fast, and in reality the speedo is off by a decent chunk at that point anyway, so the numbers really become inconsequential. If you're looking for a night and day difference on the top end, you're not going to find it w/ a 600, and even so, 160 is damn fast.

·
Registered
696 Posts
If you wanna go faster get you an older Busa, pre shut off, and you should do a good bit over 175mph. I rode my brothers 08 Busa and I was in third just twisting the throttle a little and I was at 145mph before I knew it, and its a stock bike.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Buy a bigger bike. My 07 Haybus was unlimited with a TRE. I saw 185 once and it was enough and she was still climbing steadily but I was running out of straight. After getting an 07 CBR600RR I got rid of the big bike. One up and one down gearing should be the only effort I would bother wasting the time on. But its gonna hurt your over all acceleration.

·
Registered
129 Posts
A full exhaust and different sprockets might get you a couple more mph but it's not going to get you 15 mph more

If you want top speed or faster acceleration then there's no replacement for displacement.

1000rr or a busa, my call would be the 1000rr

You weigh over 200, that bike just can't do it, I weight a buck 20, my 600 gets up to speed pretty quick ;)

I'm not saying it cant be done, but you would honestly spend more money making that bike lighter and more powerful than buying a used 1000rr

I'm sure it's a little harder for you to tuck than it is for me, I see you already have the db windscreen and that should help a little

If you really really want to do this shave as much weight from you and the bike as you can, carbon fiber fairings, ditch the rear pegs, quarter tank of gas, carbon fiber wheels, bazzaz fuel management, full exhaust, lighter helmet, if your gonna be going 175mph you wont need your license plate or your wallet with your ID in it either. Your going to want to go with a 520 conversion for your sprockets and chain, I'm really not sure how far you can go on the sprocket never had anyone go for more top end it's always been for more acceleration, but the sprockets can only do so much until the bike runs out of torque so don't go to far, I would say no more than -4 on the rear sprocket. You can get a lighter battery, remove the mirrors, flush mount turn signals, ditch the reflectors, just work on the power to weight ratio it's what's working against you.

A friend of mine rides a '02 954rr I bet you could find a real nice used one for $5,000 if you look around

·
Registered
696 Posts
A full exhaust might get you a couple more mph but it's not going to be worth it.

If you want top speed or faster acceleration then there's no replacement for displacement.

1000rr or a busa, my call would be the 1000rr

How much do you weigh? I weight a buck 20, my 600 gets up to speed pretty quick ;)

120lbs!? I dont remember weighing that ! Your 600rr must accelerate like a liter bike.

D

·
0 Posts
Since no one has said it yet, either put your keys away for good or hit the track.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
hell its his bike and life etc, dude be careful, very careful.. but if you wanna go fast in a straight line

cheapest answer is to change the rear sprocket, may 3 or 4 teeth...

then buy a nos kit.. it will give you the boost you need to push thru the aero barrier at high speed.. both of these options are a bad idea on a person on their first bike!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Since no one has said it yet, either put your keys away for good or hit the track.
What track can you hit 175 with a 600 at? :laughing5

What RPM are you at topped out in 6th? If you're much past 14k you might be able to squeeze a little more out of it by dropping teeth in the rear. Otherwise it's all aero - I don't think dropping weight will help.

If you drop teeth in the front and/or add to the rear you might get the speedo to read 175 if it doesn't hit the limiter first... or just lean the bike over to a smaller diameter of the tire :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts