Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i convinced my wife to let me have my birthday present now even though it's not till the 18th next month. Installation is very easy as long as you remove the mirrors of course. :icon_lol:

It makes the 40+ mile commute to work a lot nicer without the wind blowing under my helmet! :toothy4: I'm also hoping to see a little improvement in gas mileage since i've only been averaging 39-40 MPG :(

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Get some black levers on it!
It's on my list of things to get next...that and a replacement slider for the right side :icon_lol:

You'll know when i get them, i'll be coming to you for both! haha

Oh and by the way, thanks for the quick shipping on the windscreen.

·
Registered
421 Posts
huh? windscreen improve the gas mileage???

So i convinced my wife to let me have my birthday present now even though it's not till the 18th next month. Installation is very easy as long as you remove the mirrors of course. :icon_lol:

It makes the 40+ mile commute to work a lot nicer without the wind blowing under my helmet! :toothy4: I'm also hoping to see a little improvement in gas mileage since i've only been averaging 39-40 MPG :(

how in the world does a windscreen improve the gas mileage???? the double bubble?? YUT - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how in the world does a windscreen improve the gas mileage???? the double bubble?? YUT - UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't expect much but i read about people getting 40-45 MPG on there bikes and i ride almost all highway on my commute to work, yet i still only manage 38-39 MPG. But i'm 6'5" and there is no way i can get completely behind the stock screen. That's why i'm hoping with the double bubble i can get more if not all behind the screen and cut down the air resistance.

And if you payed attention in high school science class you understand how aerodynamics and air resistance effects efficiency :icon_lol:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Flat black is so sexy and vicious looking.

A few years ago, I saw an article in import tuner where they spray painted a suburu impreza flat black in their garage with just flat black spray cans......that car looked wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flat black is so sexy and vicious looking.

A few years ago, I saw an article in import tuner where they spray painted a suburu impreza flat black in their garage with just flat black spray cans......that car looked wicked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have that issue lying around here somewhere...haha

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2 things... 1, get some real sliders, the no cuts are ****... 2, get rid of those swing arm stickers!!!
2 things...1, they are real sliders, :bootyshak...2, i've been meaning too but have not got around to it yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts