Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome!

Not sure why I'm welcoming you...but Welcome anyway.

I'm 100% new to all of this. Bought a brand new 2009 Honda CBR 600rr (Black / Red) on Saturday and started a bike for the very first time Saturday night. I've only sat on five bikes in my life (three of which were bikes I was looking at, one was my step-dad's Harley and the other was a dirt bike about ten years ago).

I'm in the process of learning all I can from everyone I can.

I welcome all input, tips, advice and criticism.

Thanks in advance.

CC

·
Registered
463 Posts
I'm 100% new to all of this. Bought a brand new 2009 Honda CBR 600rr (Black / Red) on Saturday and started a bike for the very first time Saturday night.

I have a bad feeling that this isn't going to end well ^^^

Be careful on your new bike man, GL and Welcome :ciao:

·
Registered
8,212 Posts
Welcome to dotnet!

WARNING: Be VERY careful and get some good safety equipment/riding gear!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
dcKaz---I saw a sticker that sums this up best...was actually a Honda sticker...
"STUPID HURTS"

600RedRaider06---I'm actually taking a safety class the end of this month.

All---Thanks for the input. I wasn't planning on buying a bike until after the safety class but went to visit Honda to see what they had going on and found out that they were having a pretty good sale...so I went ahead and bit the bullet.

Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you're seriously considering a motorcycle to purchase, you've started in the right place.

Honda bikes are awesome, I don't think anyone here would publicly disagree... :p

Surf these forums for 1 week, or 2... see what kind of threads are going and what kind of trends are forming.

You will find that a large number of ppl come here in your exact same situation. Search the forums for every questions you could think of - someone has asked it before and there's a record of it, trust me.

If I were to give one piece of advice to a person in your position, it would be to take a motorcycle safety course before you even begin to consider what bike you want.

The course is fun, and you will learn a lot - well worth the $200 - $300 it costs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're seriously considering a motorcycle to purchase, you've started in the right place.

Honda bikes are awesome, I don't think anyone here would publicly disagree... :p

Surf these forums for 1 week, or 2... see what kind of threads are going and what kind of trends are forming.

You will find that a large number of ppl come here in your exact same situation. Search the forums for every questions you could think of - someone has asked it before and there's a record of it, trust me.

If I were to give one piece of advice to a person in your position, it would be to take a motorcycle safety course before you even begin to consider what bike you want.

The course is fun, and you will learn a lot - well worth the $200 - $300 it costs.
Thanks.

I've bought the bike.

I've registered for the course.

So far...So good.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome! Obviously, pics of the bike are always welcome. We look at bikes like we look at women. They both make us feel.....funny....inside.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just a few pics.

Actually got out on a couple roads today...only about a seven mile ride but a minor step in the right direction.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Congrats on the buy man! My first bike is an 03 600rr. just picked it up about a year ago and have been addicted since! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
809 Posts
ride safe and keep the shiny side up brother!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts