Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 375 Posts

·
Mad Chemist
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start it with a complete list of the Green Energy companies that the government funded that are now bankrupt or heading there:

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($69 million)*
AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.5 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
Abound Solar ($374 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
UniSolar ($100 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($10 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*

*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-failures/

This is what you get with centralized government planning rather than capitalism.

I'll add more fails in time. I just found this article and thought it would be a good start.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Career Politicians RARELY prove worthy of the presidency. The most effect presidents were the ones who came from previous leadership positions (Governors, ect) (With the exception of Kennedy)

The fact that Romney has a track record for major success in the private sector and major success as a governor, should slap you in the face as proof that he is more capable of running the country. Instead people prefer some state and US senator that sat on capital hill collecting an over sized paycheck.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Career Politicians RARELY prove worthy of the presidency. The most effect presidents were the ones who came from previous leadership positions (Governors, ect) (With the exception of Kennedy)

The fact that Romney has a track record for major success in the private sector and major success as a governor, should slap you in the face as proof that he is more capable of running the country. Instead people prefer some state and US senator that sat on capital hill collecting an over sized paycheck.
Very well put my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Registered
21 Posts
these companies are on the horizon of test and development in uncharted waters, so their ideas didn't work or need further development. And that folks is called research and development. so out sourcing jobs and technology is the answer because that's what your boy romney is doing. We are behind to some degree of this technology, because the oil boy's have sabotaged the green industry because they one, have the money and politicians to do it, two know we have a great need for oil...people are so short sighted....

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
these companies are on the horizon of test and development in uncharted waters, so their ideas didn't work or need further development. And that folks is called research and development. so out sourcing jobs and technology is the answer because that's what your boy romney is doing. We are behind to some degree of this technology, because the oil boy's have sabotaged the green industry because they one, have the money and politicians to do it, two know we have a great need for oil...people are so short sighted....
Sabotaged of is it just a scam and a waste of money? Lol I love these excuses. It's all bushs fault and were being sabotaged. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Hey I want to research some new ideas. Give me 100million dollars. I can last longer as a company than they did.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
the us needs a 3rd major player to oppos the existing political masters. power corrupts and with only two political parties they have become used to sharing the cake.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Obama fail thread?

47,000,000 on food stamps
$16,100,000,000 Debt
$1,200,000,000 deficit
1.5% anemic GDP growth
50% reduction in oil drilling permits
One new oil refinery application approved in 44 months.
$700/year tax on every single American that does not have health insurance.
Credit downgrade from AAA to AA.

And most recently - Libya. Apologizing for a youtube video? Really? I'm embarassed.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'll start it with a complete list of the Green Energy companies that the government funded that are now bankrupt or heading there:

The complete list of faltering or bankrupt green-energy companies:

Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
Solyndra ($535 million)*
Beacon Power ($69 million)*
AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
SunPower ($1.5 billion)
First Solar ($1.46 billion)
Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
Amonix ($5.9 million)
National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
Abound Solar ($374 million)*
A123 Systems ($279 million)*
Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
Johnson Controls ($299 million)
Schneider Electric ($86 million)
Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
ECOtality ($126.2 million)
Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
Range Fuels ($80 million)*
Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
UniSolar ($100 million)*
Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
GreenVolts ($500,000)
Vestas ($50 million)
LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
Navistar ($10 million)
Satcon ($3 million)*

*Denotes companies that have filed for bankruptcy.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/10/18/president-obamas-taxpayer-backed-green-energy-failures/

This is what you get with centralized government planning rather than capitalism.

I'll add more fails in time. I just found this article and thought it would be a good start.
I won't go through every company on your list, but searching the first company on your list, Evergreen Solar, did in fact file for bankruptcy. Only problem is that the funding this company received was from the state and not Obama's program. This is the FIRST company on your list that you copied and pasted into your comment from that link you provided.

Finding information about this topic that isn't coming from a blog turns up strikingly different results. The energy department has dozens of programs that provided some form of funding to over 1,300 companies in renewable energy. Less than 1% of those have gone bankrupt. There are two programs that provided funding to the companies that people referred to as Obama picking winners and losers. Those two programs funded 63 companies. A total of 5 of those federally funded energy companies have gone bankrupt. The other 58 are still doing business.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
You still have my vote Obama :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
A few more fails to add to Obama's list of accomplishments. 1. Obamanationcare 2. The extension of the patriot act. 3. THE NDAA!!! 4. The Current cover up of the Benghazi incident where two former SEALS were left to die!!

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Vote for Chuck Norris!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
"reduce the deficit in half after 4 years!!!" That was a joke we just didn't get it.
You can't reduce a deficit by spending more money. A community organizer should even understand this but when you deal with others money for so long you probably forget that.

Let's tax all the rich, let's just take everything they have....
There isn't enough money to fix the problem. The problem is SPENDING!!!!!!!!!!
You can't create a larger government and expect the spending to be reduced. It doesn't add up. Let's create a new form of government. Let's call it the Dept of Business. What a freaking joke. We need to make our government smaller not bigger. It's very easy. You cut spending of the things we don't NEED or DEPTS that don't come in on a balanced budget. You put a cap on unemployment, you also put in an opt out section for SS. You get the money you put in and that's it. You want welfare, fine but it's not a free for all at the store to get what you want. You get cheese/milk/ramon noodles. Make it where they don't want to be on welfare and people won't be so eager to get on it. So joyful checking out at the store in front of me and then buy all their beer/cigs with a wad of cash. If it's so rare to those that think it is, why do I see it all the time? I don't even go to the store that often and I see it everytime.

This is your life, this your families lives, this is your kids (future kids) lives we are voting on. Vote for someone that has business experience. A person that knows what it is like to have to go to work, one that shows up at meetings about the job and understands that "HIS" decisions are his you don't blame them on others, stand behind your decisions and someone that can admit they have been wrong. I would have more respect for anyone that would just say "I WAS WRONG"
If I am wrong and he can pull us through this I will admit it but there is nothing that has been done the past 4 years that is going to change in the next 4 years. No new plan just keep spending/borrowing/GIVING/TAKING it has to be fair right? Don't you all think you have a pretty nice bike that someone else doesn't have and they should deserve to have just because?

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
these companies are on the horizon of test and development in uncharted waters, so their ideas didn't work or need further development. And that folks is called research and development.
You're 100% correct, and that's why PRIVATE industry will invest in these companies that show promise and if they are worthy, then they will succeed! It shouldn't be gambled with tax payer dollars.

That is NOT why you tax us!

1 - 20 of 375 Posts