Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been to three sanctioned-big bike racing events in the last year (Infineon-AMA, Laguna Seca-MotoGP and Fontana-AMA this weekend). At all three events, it was nothing but cops EVERYWHERE…and I mean EVERYWHERE pulling over sportbike riders left and right. 5, 10, 15, 20 cops at every twist & turn leading in and out of the track.

I guess here’s my point. I think its complete bull$hit that you can’t attend one of these events without running the gauntlet of motorcycle, unmarked and regular cops at every access point to the track….. writing up everyone for everything. If this is how its going to be, I might as well stay home and keep my hard earned dollars for something else.

Has anybody had the same experience at Indy or Road Atlanta, Mid-Ohio, Barber, Daytona etc? Is this how it is for Nascar? :roll:

These are just normal, hard working folks trying to escape from their problems for a weekend and go to these events on their motorcycles, you know, one of these reasons you ride a bike…to have fun

Its all so wrong :cursin:

·
Registered
669 Posts
I've never had the pleasure of going to a race. I plan on going to njmp this fall but if cops are gunna be like that I may just go ride somewhere for that day.

But in all honesty we do get hassled for just about anything these days. Makes me wanna buy a Harley... Haha yeah right.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I really don't have to worry about that..........:police:

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
never had the pleasure of going to a race, however, galveston, tx has a big biker rally every year, last year was the worst. cops were giving tickets for nething and everything. my roomate had his bike impounded. he did have it back within and hr or so tho.
but yea, i wont go back next year, not fun when you know cops are just out waiting to give as many tickets as they can.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I really don't have to worry about that..........:police:

some of us do and it pisses uss off, iv been to Moto GP at seca and it has been the best time of my life riding there, but beeing there was terror by the po-po's

iv been in europe as well in mugello, and that is completly other story.. no one is toutching you cops are prezent but will not do to you anything unless u cause a crash... and the roads around the track are very limited to cars adn everything is set up... people wheelie next to the popos adn they just encourage ppl to have sun... when it is over now thats a different story.. :)

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
i went to the Canada Superbike Races at Calabogie and experienced a definit presence of cops but they weren't really pulling over riders left and right,, infact i didn't see any one get pulled over... but there were lots of cops there

·
Registered
42 Posts
A lie i once heard: "we're innocent until proved guilty"
But the truth is absurd
We're poor until proved rich
And the scales of justice are fixed by lying pigs

A plot of human terror unfolds behind the precinct door
To cage all the minorities, the immigrants and poor
Next they'll hunt the handicapped, disabled blind and deaf
And what will all these piggies do, ha! when there's no one left

Swat police in riot gear are bombing us tonight
An all our civil liberties will die by morning's light
While crooked politicians lie and rig the ballot book
We whitewash fake democracy and paint another coat

-A few wise words from Leftover Crack

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
This will be my 4th year at Seca for the MotoGP races, and yeah, you're right, there are police EVERYWHERE. I had one fly by me on the 1 south doing like 90 to go catch another bike. They have quotas to make, and though it sucks to admit it, watching the races really brings out some people's inner squid, and the cops know it, so they have easy pickings for a weekend. It's gay, I agree.

The one places where I don't really mid it so much though is on that crazy access road that actually leads you off of Reservation and into the track area. They have officers posted every couple turns and I think it's a good idea. They tell you to go SLOW and give a very clear picture of what will happen if you ride like an a$$ on that road. There are tens of thousands of bikes coming down that road on race weekends and unfortunately, posting that many cops is apparently the only way they can ensure that everyone will get there safely, and that there (Hopefully) won't be any accidents caused by speeding or reckless driving. Just imagine how bad traffic would be backed up if there was a serious crash...bad times.

So like I said, as far as highway 1 right near the track, and all over Monterey, yeah, it's lame that there is 5-0 all over and just itching to write people up for license plate mounts and lack of mirrors, but the access roads have to be heavily patrolled, imho.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
i was at fontana as well, i had to drive because my non-riding friend came with me but we were commenting the entire time how it's like a cop-holiday... my friends that rode got pulled over on the way up and back... i cant wait until my brothers a cop !

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
been to both laguna and fontana...laguna was stupid...they have cops on the bridges telling their cohorts to pull you over...our whole group got pulled over for going 75 in one lane not doing anything remotely stupid...then he ticketed people for a bunch of fix it crap....fontana was the same thing although the cops werent as whack...they pulled over a group of vest crew squids cuz those people kept trying to rev their crap and did some wheelies...i understand the presence there for safety and what not...but yeah they are just looking for things to get you with even though you arent doing anything dumb...but if you are then sure you deserve to get pulled over

·
Registered
412 Posts
This type of behaviour is reminiscent of top of the food chain predators in the wild.

The great white shark has the whole ocean to frolick and play in, but they concentrate their numbers in areas where their prey, seals, congregate.

The seal, not unlike the biker, must leave their resting place frequently to fish and stretch their flippers and go for a rip out in the water.

The sharks, not unlike the po-po, lie in wait for a stray seal to lose their focus for a moment so they can STRIKE, effectively killing the fun.

They gather at races to increase their chances of raking in income so they can pimp out their cruisers and buy new and improved tazers.

It's just a simple fact of life/law of nature - you can't change it by complaining about it - all you can do is change YOUR behaviour to increase your chances of survival.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Riding your bike to a professional race is like wearing the shirt of the band you're watching to a concert.
I'm just sayin...

·
Registered
64 Posts
It's the same thing here with Formula 1, people tends to drive faster after the race so cops are dispatched near the exit points...

·
Registered
974 Posts
the sick thing is they keep increasing taxes on gas and other things to pay for this crap which makes it harder to go places to begin with.

·
Registered
378 Posts
If everyone stops going to these events and voices to the promoters that they are not going because of po-po problems they may just work themselves out.....

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cops are going to be at any venue. Nascar, bikes, etc.
While that is definetly true....I can tell you this. I've been to two Nascar Events, an NHRA Drag Racing event and three motorcycle races this last year.

I would say there is probably 5 times the cops at the bike events. And NO one has been pulled over at the other events...while Motorcycle races had riders pulled over every 100 yards.

No joke...its that bad :cursin:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts