Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL you know I like cheesy names for my threads :) .
Well I'm finally at the end of the road and I just wanted to share this with all the newbies and people looking for that kick ass bike and don't have a sh*** load of money to get it.
I have a mortgage an a kid and you guys know how expensive that can be, but I also wanted to get a newer 07-08 cbr600rr but with out putting another debt on my back and with out breaking the bank so I just built my way up, it took me roughly 3 months and lots of patience to get it but, it can be done.

The whole story;
Well I started with a budget of $3,300 So I had too get as much as I could out of it and it went like this:

2004 cbr600rr bought it for $3,300 sold it for $5100
2005 gxsr600 bought it for $3,600 sold it for $5,200
2006 cbr600rr bought it for $4,700 sold it for $5,500
2008 R6 bought it for $6,500 sold it for $7,350
2008 cbr600rr graffiti at last :) bought it for $6,100 sold it for (will not sell for at least the next 5 years)

All bikes are really really clean and all with clean titles and low miles, that's an important part, if it's clean and low miles it will sell fast.
So that's how I built my way up to my 2008 600rr in less than 3 months, after I do the math the actual money I paid for the 2008 600rr out of my pocket is around $1,100 bucks. It took 3 month and lots of patience but I'm happy with the outcome.
Hopefully this will help someone starting into the sport or someone who is looking for his dream bike but does not have lots of money to start with.
Thank you.

Pictures of the rides:

·
Registered
783 Posts
great deals you found there.

Didnt I just see another thread of yours from today talking about the GSXR600 that you just got from a divorced woman?

Either way, nice job on the turnarounds. $6100 for an 08 Graffiti is an awesome deal

·
Administrator
51,143 Posts
Very well planned & executed plan

·
need a 1krr
1,088 Posts
kudos to you... good job... I like to flip things for cash also. If you can do it, do it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you guys, but really, this forum and all the kool people around here were the ones who helped me to go bike after bike. All the info and the good mood of this forums sure made all the process a whole lot easier.
I'm glad to have my wings back, I already put 300 miles on this baby since yesterday :icon_lol:.
Now let the mods begin.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
169 Posts
^ That's sweet man! were you buying the bikes locally or off of the forums?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ That's sweet man! were you buying the bikes locally or off of the forums?
I found them on different places, craigslist, recycler, local paper, friends.

These were my first 2 bikes, a few years back, I paid full price for those though . :banghead:

·
Registered
321 Posts
Dude nice job... but I'm curious, what state are you in? Did you get hit for taxes or are those prices after Tax and such?

My hat goes off to you!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
why would you buy an '08 r6 then flip for a rr? just curious
I use the bikes mainly in street, and you can't beat the 600rr for versatility, lots of power for the street, agile in the twisties and excellent on the track.
The r6 is a track bike, it sit higher than the cbr and is not as confortable and it didn't feel as good on the street. Plus my head was set in the 600rr and I just got the r6 as another step closer to my 600rr.

Dude nice job... but I'm curious, what state are you in? Did you get hit for taxes or are those prices after Tax and such?
I did get hit with like $150 for 2 of the bikes for registration, for the other ones, because I sold them fast I just skipped me and registered to the new owner only.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see your already selling the 08 cbr....
5 years sure do fly by lol.
I just saw the green w/ black on the 2009 :love10: ......... I see an 09 on my near future but... only time will tell.

i still love the 1 gen rr and thats a perfect example!! and the black and white.... man, THAT THING LOOKS PISSED!
Oh yeah that black and white scheme was the sh***, loved it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts