Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was wondering if this ever happened to any of you guys before. I was out riding and came to a light. I was minding my own 34 year old business, when I hear "hey punk!". I look to my left, and a pick up truck drives slowly by with a guy giving me the finger. I was like wtf?! I had no idea who this guy was and I most definitely didn't do anything to deserve that. I flicked it back at him which I probably shouldn't have but anyways... Wtf?!

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
After so many years of riding I don't even notice any more. Sure as hell no reason to give a fukk.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I usually just scream "oh yea?!" And start puttin the kickstand down and getting off the bike and noone really expects it so they freak and drive off... reading more into that I'm gonan get shot oneday

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
I usually just scream "oh yea?!" And start puttin the kickstand down and getting off the bike and noone really expects it so they freak and drive off... reading more into that I'm gonan get shot oneday

Hahahaha that's hilarious. I'm gonna try it!!

·
Registered
2,759 Posts

Oh yeah, your day's coming. I think I'm going to start looking up at the sky trying to see what they're pointing at if it happens. Here in Italy, they usually just shout at you. It's really hard to know if they're angry or not because it happens all the time so I just ignore most of it. Last week somebody let me have it at a light for not letting him merge into this huge traffic circle. I was leaned over a little, staying in my lane, at the speed limit and there were just 2 of us. Not sure why he couldn't wait - some people just think a bigger vehicle has the right of way.

By the way, sorry about that OP. Didn't realize it was you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
got the bird a few times from American iron riders before. It must have been the "Jap bike" since they were coming from an opposite direction and I'm sure I didn't piss them off any other way.

meh. Just keep riding. Worst case scenario if you challenge the other person, they pull out a gun and its over. Just ignore those people.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya... I think what through me off was why anyone would do that. I literally did nothing and he didn't even see me until I was stopped at the light minding my own biz. It's like some people just hate us cuz we're on a rocket...

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
got the bird a few times from American iron riders before. It must have been the "Jap bike" since they were coming from an opposite direction and I'm sure I didn't piss them off any other way.
yup, exactly the same for me back when i used to street ride. i just laugh.

·
Registered
14,356 Posts

meh. Just keep riding. Worst case scenario if you challenge the other person, they pull out a gun and its over. Just ignore those people.
I NEVER have issues with them here. They wave and we all get along. *shrugs*

I guess we have less assholes in Austin.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've had it happen, from a middle aged man driving a Cadillac Escalade. Totally unprovoked. I could see someone giving me sh*t if I was riding around in flip flops + shorts..but it was a 90 degree day, I was in full gear.

Believe it or not, there are a lot of (biased) people out there who hate "crotch rockets" + the guys who ride them.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I carry my Knife in my trunk, I get off my bike and start going for it, when they see it they usually apologize, or run the red.

jk jk

I just put the knife in there yesterday haven't gotten to use it yet!

I get flipped off all the time, but then again as you may have noticed, Im the brash a-hole young guy learning stuff everyday guy. So I bet I get flipped off a lot cause I did something on Cepheia's list

And cause Im stereotyped as the young brazen "crotch rocket/Jap Bike" rider

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have never been given the finger by other drivers or riders although I have cursed and gesticulated at other drivers once in a while when they do something stupid like cut me off.

What did happen to me which is probably worse than given the random finger is to have been spat on by a cyclist. I was coming across from him on the road and for the life of me I cannot understand why but he just turned and spat at me; I was so gob smacked I couldn't believe that someone would do something like that and I really can't think of anything that I did that provoked it. Next time I hope I get given the finger; not quite as disgusting and definitely no need to clean up after it!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
OK, has anyone ever reacted physcially, like actually got close to that finger flipping cyclist for example and kicked at his bike? I know some guys on here punch mirrors, looking forward to trying that one day.....maybe. You can be the better person, but I doubt you can do it every single time and never react to an *******, especially those that drive like assholes and then flip you off for honking at them or telling them off.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was doing nothing on that list. I'm not a young kid, was wearing gear, and the guy saw me as he was pulling out of a parking lot as I was parked in line of traffic, minding my own biz. I'm thinking he maybe thought I was someone else.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Around my town, I usually get some dude in a rice cooker yelling at me to punch the throttle. I live in a military town so things may be different.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts