Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
I have to poop soooo bad.
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've read post after post of people complaining about wind noise on the GoPro, and no one has stated the obvious -- The wind noise isn't from the wind hitting the mic, but the wind coming off the case itself.

The reason the Contour is so much worse with wind noise, is that the mic is being hit with wind directly. It's much better with the GoPro because the mic is completely covered...BUT, at speed, there's still noise being produced when the wind hits the case. People have had a great experiences with sound, but this is due to camera placement. In my experience, helmet mounting produces much more noise than tank or tail mount. I'm thinking about mounting a separate recorder in the tail (under my seat cowl) to caputre the exhaust note...just an idea. :cruising:

Hopefully this will curb all of the complaints. Prove me wrong and I'll eat my words.

Also, there is no "Noise Reduction" setting to lower wind noise. Come on, people! :retard:

Thoughts?

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
In use the solid back on the GoPro at the track and have zero issues. That's why you get two different ones. And yes, I used it on my helmet.

·
I have to poop soooo bad.
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
In use the solid back on the GoPro at the track and have zero issues. That's why you get two different ones.
Same here. Solid back works well when it's not mounted directly in the wind. Helmet mount is pretty horrid though at 60mph+. Don't get me wrong...I'm ok with the audio, but I'm looking for different places to mount the cam, and every thread I read turns into a complaint about wind noise. Just sayin'.

Have a video? I'm curious on the quality of the audio.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts