Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
untill mu left mirror the screw towards the front of the bike just fell off while i was on the highway and the other was loose and the mirror was just falpin around (my bike is 25 days old has 500 miles) i dunt see why this hapened and i am rly pissd off because i had to pull over and had no light has to pull the mirror and carry it in my shirt for about 40 min ride. so yah should i call the dealer and tell them i want a new screw or anyone in boca raton florida got one laying around? lmk guys

·
Registered
454 Posts
Attaching the mirrors is one of the very few things dealers actually do for that big pdi bill they try to charge you. Go back and yell at them, a lot.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
yell , that should never hapen, hit them up and make em pay

also check the [aint to be sure that there are no deep marks from it coming off, they might be liable for that too

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah, I'd be pissed. You need to head in on Sunday if they're open. You want a lot of customers to be around for your scene, and then you want to milk that crap for some cash or stuff or huge discounts. Maybe your 600 mile check up should be free (although I'm not sure if that's the place where I'd take my bike).

A monkey with an allen wrench shouldn't be able to screw up a mirror installation.

·
Registered
357 Posts
yeah mine has had that happen not once, but twice. once had to take the mirror off and put it in friends car and another JUst got done rding so good timing haha

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
That's your $200 assembly fee working for you. Have a talk with them and see what they say. Bring your bike paper work and circle the part "assembly fee" Mirrors are on that list of parts they are putting on and you, are not to your 600 mile first service. Don't go over the 600 miles because you are due for service and they might try and get around it this way. Have you had to remove to remove the mirrors for any reason? Turn signals ect... T

·
Registered
579 Posts
You think thats bad, i watched a guy ride a bike off the showroom floor to come back ten minutes later with both rear sets in his pockets.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Same thing happened here

Hey bud, My left front mirror was also flailing around during a ride after one of the mirror base bolts came off. I had to hold it all the way home as I was already a couple miles away. Medium strength loc-tite them and you'll be fine.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I had that happen before. Must have been my own fault, because the day before I had removed the mirrors then put them back on.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Some of the stealers like to crank down the pivot bolts for the mirrors too, so it is impossible to bring them in. I had to remove my mirrors and vice them to loosen the pivots...they were on that tight. Idiots at the dealer....luckily I knew not to pay any of that setup fee BS when I bought the bike.

·
Registered
753 Posts

A monkey with an allen wrench shouldn't be able to screw up a mirror installation.
That's exactly who put them on. Another reason to buy used and stay away from the stealership. Just a word of advice. Any time you buy a bike, go over evey nut and bolt and break out the blue locktite for several of them. (I know. I had to learn the hard way too):toothy4:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i rode to the dealer today and had them take care of it they told me they never heard of that hapening be4 but everything is good now and im doing my 600mile service tuesday and i told em to make sure everything is in place good or nex time id make a scenein the showroom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts