Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mom was talking to me while I was installing parts on my bike. She kept asking how much each cost. So I tell her how much they cost. Then she remarked. "You could have gotten your second bike by now." She made me realize something that is sad and troubling me. Instead of buying parts for the bike the last 6 months. I could have earned enough to buy a second RR like I wanted. I feel so bad that I stopped putting on parts.:tard: Damn it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
i feel the same way sometimes when i think about how much i have spent on modding my cars and trucks but just think you would have 2 stock bikes and you would be looking to make it better in someway

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yeah we could all have a second bike or a better bike if we didnt spend money on bits and pieces, but whats the fun having a stocker, you gotta make things your own!

·
Registered
250 Posts
I keep thinking about that. I want to mod my F4 and do the F4i tail swap, get some rearsets, change to the anolog guage, SS lines and I could use that money for a new 600rr but then again the diff isn't enough for most of us to notice and you could spend the extra cash on a track day etc and get more out of her.

Main reason most of us want a new bike is the WOW factor

·
Politically Incorrect
124 Posts
my mom is so good that i dont even need her telling me about how much money i spend anymore... she is in my head always reminding me... in fact she is in my head right now scolding me on how many houses i could have bought if i had not spent so much on vehicles

total buzzkill... but hey moms... you gotta love them

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
modding increases the enjoyment you get out of riding YOUR bike precisely because it is YOUR bike the way you want it. that's worth a lot in my book. i will always mod because i love doing it and it's very satisfying.

·
Registered
137 Posts
She has a point. The bikes are nice out of the box so why mess with them? Also, it helps to have a mint unmodified bike when the time comes to sell it.

I will not mod my current bike at all. The money is much better spent on a new and better one when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Buyers remorse, schmyers remorse.
Go cry me a river dude, seriously.
STOCK SUCKS!

I don't know about you guys, but with the Elk like antlers, cool reflectors, and the super clean looking rear fender/plate hanger, you would be hardpressed to try and make that look any better. (joke)

Life too short to be second guessing the choices you make.

Obviously moneys not a huge problem for ya, so screw it, get another bike

You can't take it(debt) with you when you leave(die).

Unless you want a dedicated track bike, why do you want two bikes?
Can't ride em both at the same time.

I apologize in advance if I piss anyone off

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
my mom is so good that i dont even need her telling me about how much money i spend anymore... she is in my head always reminding me... in fact she is in my head right now scolding me on how many houses i could have bought if i had not spent so much on vehicles

total buzzkill... but hey moms... you gotta love them
not to jack the thread too much, but why would u want so many houses anyway?

i would think that having several vehicles (luxury car, everyday POS car, 4x4 truck, etc.) would be more useful in several ways than several houses would be

·
Registered
11,156 Posts
Buyers remorse, schmyers remorse.
Go cry me a river dude, seriously.
STOCK SUCKS!

I don't know about you guys, but with the Elk like antlers, cool reflectors, and the super clean looking rear fender/plate hanger, you would be hardpressed to try and make that look any better. (joke)

Life too short to be second guessing the choices you make.

Obviously moneys not a huge problem for ya, so screw it, get another bike

You can't take it(debt) with you when you leave(die).

Unless you want a dedicated track bike, why do you want two bikes?
Can't ride em both at the same time.

I apologize in advance if I piss anyone off
LMFAO...so damn true.

to the OP, does your mom ride???? im guessing she wouldn't understand even if you tried to justify modding your bike, over owning two stock bikes. Modding is part of the RR addiction.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts