Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well all good things must come to an end...

The time was finally right to part ways with my beloved 2013 600rr. After 3 years and 21,926 miles, I decided that I just wasn't feeling it anymore. She's since departed the garage but wanted to say thanks to the community for all your assistance and feedback over the years.

Here are some shots of her in all her glory...

Oh yeah picked this up btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
389 Posts
Did you get a good deal on that 1000?

With the 2017's rolling out my local dealer has some killer deals on the remaining previous gen fireblades. Very tempting.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Did you get a good deal on that 1000?

With the 2017's rolling out my local dealer has some killer deals on the remaining previous gen fireblades. Very tempting.

List price of $9699, OTD price was 11k.

Ironically enough, this was almost the same amount I paid for the 600 when I bought it (list price was$9k when I bought it in Oct 2014).

Both bikes were leftover new models

·
Registered
966 Posts
I've never had a loan on any of my bikes. I recently priced out full insurance that would be required for a loan for a new bike. 36yrs old, no accidents in 17yrs [and only 1 in my 20yrs of driving], no tickets, drive lamborghini's and ferraris for a living, and they still want over $350/month for a 1000cc. I have no idea how anyone affords bikes with loans. I'm super duper jealous.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh man insurance was ridiculous. That's why it took me so long to pull the trigger. I finally found affordable coverage, but I had to keep quoting over and over again throughout the year till the premiums finally came down. It was madness

When it was all said and done, my monthly premium only went up $30 (with the same coverage as on the 600)

Yeah but at first I was getting around $4k for the year

·
Registered
389 Posts
That's why you gotta pay in full. Full coverage is expensive. Liability is cheap.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's why you gotta pay in full. Full coverage is expensive. Liability is cheap.
Getting your bike stolen and still being on the hook for it isn't really ideal. I finance my machines because I usually pay them off after year 3 (don't like spending that much up front). Given that I'm buying a brand new machine, i want to know that if some d**k f**k steals it it, that i'm getting reimbursed for my loss.

Motorcycling is an expensive hobby. Don't skimp anywhere on it.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
If you’re over 26, have a clean record and are paying more than $500/yr full coverage, you need to shop elsewhere for insurance. I pay around $600 combined per year, full coverage on 3 bikes. They are all paid off but living in larger city you never know what could happen and bodywork isn’t cheap.

Theft coverage has nothing to do with full coverage, that’s your comprehensive policy, btw.

Nice 1000RR!!!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Getting your bike stolen and still being on the hook for it isn't really ideal. I finance my machines because I usually pay them off after year 3 (don't like spending that much up front). Given that I'm buying a brand new machine, i want to know that if some d**k f**k steals it it, that i'm getting reimbursed for my loss.

Motorcycling is an expensive hobby. Don't skimp anywhere on it.
Motorcycle theft is my worst nightmare. I do what I can to prevent it, but unfortunately it's always a possibility. Man I hate thieves.

If you’re over 26, have a clean record and are paying more than $500/yr full coverage, you need to shop elsewhere for insurance. I pay around $600 combined per year, full coverage on 3 bikes. They are all paid off but living in larger city you never know what could happen and bodywork isn’t cheap.

Theft coverage has nothing to do with full coverage, that’s your comprehensive policy, btw.

Nice 1000RR!!!
23 here.

I pay roughly $200 a year to insure a Gsxr 750 and my CBR. I figure the money I save on insurance will pay for any repairs if and when I crash. Same train of thought applies to comprehensive.

If I had a newer model year more expensive bike, tho, I would have to reconsider.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Motorcycle theft is my worst nightmare. I do what I can to prevent it, but unfortunately it's always a possibility. Man I hate thieves.

23 here.

I pay roughly $200 a year to insure a Gsxr 750 and my CBR. I figure the money I save on insurance will pay for any repairs if and when I crash. Same train of thought applies to comprehensive.

If I had a newer model year more expensive bike, tho, I would have to reconsider.

It depends on every person. I think if my bike was 10 years old and I paid maybe only $5k I'd probably forgo collision coverage. I do most of the work on my bikes and have fixed damage from lowsides myself with OEM parts (eBay is your friend). What would have been nearly $2k at the shop I've fixed for less than $500. Plus I'm lucky to have a job that gives me amazing medical insurance so I'm not inclined to carry the maximum there (but definitely don't carry the minimum either).

Theft would still suck though so I dunno, personally I'd probably end up carrying comprehensive at least.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I have the same year machine with similar miles and wanted to jump ship to the 1k...then I quoted insurance. There is no way in hell I am paying what they wanted for a toy that sits in my garage and gets taken out 1 day a week for a couple of hours. I will keep my 2013 but really wish I could experience the power of a liter bike even for a few months. Oh well..

·
Registered
966 Posts
You guys are lucky! I've called a few places, including progressive who's insured my F4i for over 11yrs now at a whooping $11/month, or $132 a year. But thats liability. I figured 10x that much for full would be reasonable, so about $100/month. I guess I need to keep checking, cause that new CBR looks killer. Would look even better with me on it! haha. Glad you got it.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
You guys are lucky! I've called a few places, including progressive who's insured my F4i for over 11yrs now at a whooping $11/month, or $132 a year. But thats liability. I figured 10x that much for full would be reasonable, so about $100/month. I guess I need to keep checking, cause that new CBR looks killer. Would look even better with me on it! haha. Glad you got it.
Try State Farm and price it with your car being insured there. You may pay slightly more for the car but the bike will easily make up the difference.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Dude go Esurance; that's who I went with. It's pricey but nothing out of control; a little over 1k for the year with 25/50/25 and comp and collision. Then again that is with high deductibles but i'm ok with that.

Of course location makes all the difference. I live in South Florida where things are a little pricier to cover because of the high statistics.

·
Registered
966 Posts
We had a 2015 1000RR traded in at my car dealership over the weekend, rode it today. Super smooth, really nice bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've never had a loan on any of my bikes. I recently priced out full insurance that would be required for a loan for a new bike. 36yrs old, no accidents in 17yrs [and only 1 in my 20yrs of driving], no tickets, drive lamborghini's and ferraris for a living, and they still want over $350/month for a 1000cc. I have no idea how anyone affords bikes with loans. I'm super duper jealous.

Try State Farm, I’m currently getting my 2011 600rr liability with $100 dec comprehensive for $600 A year while everybody else wanted $3000

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
We had a 2015 1000RR traded in at my car dealership over the weekend, rode it today. Super smooth, really nice bike.

Hey man, wanted to quickly come back to this; if you're still looking to upgrade and are still trying to find good insurance. I'm currently paying $102/mo with full coverage with Esurance. $1k deductible on comp and collision but that's fine by me as I do all my own maintenance and repair work. Might be a good time to try and re-quote!

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
If you are looking for mods on the 1k we can do them as well. Blacking out that cluster will make it look so much better.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts