Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why does my bike overheat randomly? sometimes in 15-20 minutes it will reach 104c of riding through stop and go traffic...

temp sometimes goes down to 75 from 85 i know thats when the thermostat opens up. but other riding days the temp doesnt come down to 75 and my temp keeps rising to like 114c! does that mean i have a bad thermostat? my fan opens up at 104c.

and when the thermostat is doing its job the bike doesnt get to 109c i've seen it get to 108 but comes down to 104 with the fan running, this is when the thermostat opens up..

what could be wrong with my bike?
i got NEW BATTERY
NEW COOLANT FLUSHED AND FILLED by the dealership.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i forgot to add

with the thermostat opened it doesnt overheat fast doesnt even overheat at all with bad traffic, on a really hot sunny weather =D

with thermostat not working, it overheats in like 20 of riding! and with a really cold weather!

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
That isn't really what I would consider to be overheating... if your worried about the thermostat just put a new one in...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok so i think im okay, but now i have another issue, after riding lets say 45mins... i go park my bike, and i notice this burning coolant smell, then i look at my radiator and wth!? i have coolant coming out my radiator cap, well it looks like its coming out of there, its also dried whiteish color..does that mean my RadCap is bad? how do i tell?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i can see the trails of it going down the radiator =/ so i know its leaking how much for a rad cap?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts