Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Penguin School at Jennings on Wednesday. Here are some things I learned.
1. Hang further off the bike as you exit a turn to stand the bike up. Let the bike stand up beside you. That way, if you spin up the rear end, the bike is straight up-and-down, so it is much less dramatic.
2. Get off the seat for the next turn as soon at the excitement is over from the previous turn.
3. Hold the throttle like you're holding a golf club (with your wrist turned) instead of like a baseball bat (with your wrist straight).

·
Administrator
51,155 Posts
Jim
Very helpful hints man thanks for sharing

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
yep...

3 lines of solid advice.

thanks, jim.

·
all good, all the time
323 Posts
I took the Penguin School at Jennings on Wednesday. Here are some things I learned.
1. Hang further off the bike as you exit a turn to stand the bike up. Let the bike stand up beside you. That way, if you spin up the rear end, the bike is straight up-and-down, so it is much less dramatic.
2. Get off the seat for the next turn as soon at the excitement is over from the previous turn.
3. Hold the throttle like you're holding a golf club (with your wrist turned) instead of like a baseball bat (with your wrist straight).
thanks for those two hints.....

looks like I can't read or count, so: thanks for those three hints

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
That is some smart stuff, because when you think about it, doing those actually makes you do other stuff that people stress at the track. But by simplifying it like that in 3 steps, if done correctly, you will subconciuosly do other things that need to be done.

For exactly, the golf club hold, to do that, you have to tuck, so you can actually bend the wrist.
The ass off the seat, this actually makes you start preparing for the next corner sooner, and sooner as you get faster and get over the previous corners sooner.
A lot of underlying lessons in those three simple tips.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts