Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,

was crusing around today and then stopped back at my house to apply more sunscreen. As i got off the bike, i noticed a large flung-out mass of chewing gum on my chain guard and left side swingarm......

i carefully removed it....it came off easier than i thought, and that is likely because I regularly wax the swingarm and such whenever i wash the bike.

anyway, this made me wonder about you folks and what were some of the weird things that ur rear tire pulled off the road and it got stuck to ur bike?

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
bubble gum and dirt

·
Registered
452 Posts
Why would you need sunscreen on a motorcycle? The only exposed skin I have is a little bit on my neck between the collar of my jacket and the bottom of my helmet.

Anyhow, I get the usual road grime and such splashed up. I've had gravel/small debris embeded in my tread after some rides, and what looked like a magled paper clip. Other than that, not too much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
+1 Only had 200 miles on the tire too.
lol i got my rear tire replaced the week after i got it due to the nail. still think the stealership put the nail in their b/c i was too stupid to check

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
One time I was coming from work with my back pack and (feel stupid about it) my shirt came off the backpack.. and i got in the highway when i got off i smelled like something burning and there was smoke around the bike... the shirt got in between the tire and the swingarm.... the tire was eat up... had to change the tire!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One time I was coming from work with my back pack and (feel stupid about it) my shirt came off the backpack.. and i got in the highway when i got off i smelled like something burning and there was smoke around the bike... the shirt got in between the tire and the swingarm.... the tire was eat up... had to change the tire!!!
dayum!!! that could have been really bad if it got wrapped up, bound the wheel and flung u off the bike!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol i got my rear tire replaced the week after i got it due to the nail. still think the stealership put the nail in their b/c i was too stupid to check
hehehe, that would be an evil stealership!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts